• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Carbs!!!!

xxsarahxx

Having read that after our ops we should be aiming for only 50g of carbs a day, i was shocked to see that when researching certain foods fruit seems to be one of the worst.
I read that there are 27g of carbs in a medium banana. Is this right or have i read it wrong??

Think we should be getting 80g of protein...all this swatting up is hard work lol x

Thanks for this Sarah, I am off to look too x

If you go onto myfitnesspal it will work out your carbs/protein etc for you.

Personally all of you pre oppers if you aim for home cooked meals it's easy enough to miss out the visible carbs, by the time you've eaten your meat an veg there wont' be room for carbs :) Just watch your veg lol....

Seriously, your main aim is to get your protein in. Easily done once your fully recovered and eating properly. Bacon n egg for breakfast. Cheese omelette for lunch and a nice cooked dinner with the OH in the evening... sorted....

Ooops forgot to mention prawns n babybel light for snacking, ham etc xx

yes unfortunately carbs are contained in quite a lot if foods that you don't realise.

Carbs are my favourite toast with lashings of butter so I am currently going cold turkey to wean myself off them.

So long as you go for protein first, and complex carbs last, you shouldn't need to worry about counting them. A simple guide is 2 bites protein to 1 bite carbs. Avoid simple carbs (white rice, white pasta, white/brown bread, white potatoes) and you should be fine :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks everyone, think i'm getting paranoid that i'm going to eat the wrong things due to lack of knowledge. Just want to do this right and not fail. I'm sick of failing...this has to work!!!

Back