• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cat321's weekly weigh in!

Cat321

Shrinking
Oooh, what a lovely new site we have here!! I like!! :D

Since my operation in July 2008 I have gone from 24stones and 6pounds to 13stones 3pounds which obviously am delighted with and I feel fantastic! But I can't help but think I'm doing myself out of something for not trying that little bit harder to lose a little bit more (to get to 11 stones would be fab!) Since about July I havent really lost very much weight, maybe around half a stone but I really want to push myself a little further.

So, as of Monday 9th November, I pledge to 'get back on it' and eat healthily and do my exercise! I'm in the process of trying to find a reasonably priced treadmill as I also harbour ambitions to run the race for life and other 5-10km races next year. Now that would be a turn-around!! :eek:

So, tomorrow morning I will weigh myself and post it here. It's like my own little slimming club haha!!

Well done Cat, that's a really positive move. I'm sure you'll do really well with that kind of attitude. Good Luck.

amazing weight loss so far Caz. Look forward to watching you reach your goal x

Well done on your great weight loss & lots of good luck being sent your way:)as you contimue on your journey

Okay, weigh in done! 13stones 1pound so better than expected! If i can get into the 12's for next week I would be ecstatic!!
Thanks for all of your kind and supportive words too! :D

wow that's such an impressive loss!!well done hun :)

Way to go hun! Staying motivated is a big key to success and I really believe that if you put your mind to it any goal can be reached. I am sending you positive vibes to stay on track and I am cheering you on to your next goal. I am just now at my year mark and I have begun to really slow down so I will 'get back to it' with you if you don't mind.

Keep up the FANTASTIC work,
Nic:)

Hi Nic!
Thanks for your supportive words! Yeah, jump on the ship - I can't believe how quickly my weight loss slowed at almost exactly a year out!!
Would be nice to have a post 1 year buddy!
You've done fab though too - can't believe your pics, you look like a different woman! Very Jessica Rabbit woo woooo!
Cx

Aww thanks, you say the nicest things!:thankyou:

So what is the plan here, what are we doing to help ourselves? Hmm, what do you reckon? I am game so just throw your ideas out there.
Increase Exercise?
:character00116::character00115:
How much/how often? :whacky068::chores016:

Controlling the eating, any food in particular or any bad food habits you have picked-up/returned to lately?
:nono:Any no no's you would like to shed??
Like any of the following:

Grazing all day long :eatdrink051:
Eating sweets or junk food :17729::character00254:
Return to fizzy drinks addiction :strikeout_button:
Eating & drinking at the same time:party0051:

What things are you finding that you do that you want to cut out?

What shall we do...???

Nic:wave_cry:

I think my main problem has to be exercise. I need to up it big time! I did go to aqua aerobics a couple of times a week and swimming also but they closed our local pool (doing it up I think) and since finishing work I haven't done anything to make up for not going there anymore. I'm really into the idea of running as I would like to do a couple of charity 5K runs next year so that's my goal. I was looking at buying a treadmill but they are just so expensive! Maybe need to up my membership at the pool so I can use the gym there instead.
Food wise - well, I still love my food. But I try and be sensible, although not being at work has got me out of a routine somewhat so I know I am eating the wrong foods really. So at the moment, yes, grazing is a bit of an issue - need to work on that! Sweets and chocolate- I'm happy to say I haven't eaten any since before my op so thats 15 months without any chocolate at all and I don't miss it. Fizzy drinks - still love my diet coke but have it flat as often as possible so not too much of an issue there. Try to leave drinking about half an hour before and after meals.
To cut out - well, I wish I still couldn't eat bread! :( I eat too much of it, as I do with all of my carbs really.
I need to think up some meal plans and stick to them.
So that's it really! Any thoughts?? xx

Okay for me it is definately an 'up the exercise' thing and carb control, those sneakey ******* creep back in everytime when I am not looking!

Up the exercise. How many days per week? What type of exercise? For me running is out of the question as I am SUPER clumsy so I would really have to call it falling not running. But what about using a pedometer and counting steps? I could make a promise to use the stairs in my building and walk more, say an hour 5 days per week? Could you manage that? The average person walks 2mph (medium pace) so in one hour of walking most can manage 4,020 steps so times 5 that would be 20,100 extra steps per week? I read that when starting a walking program you should try to increase your steps by 2,000 per day so would you want to start off with 30 minutes of walking and then work up to an hour? Let me know what you think.

Okay, food stuff, what if we make a pledge to cut out all simple carbs (white bread, white rice, white pasta, white potatoes) for one week, say 5 days starting on Monday. Then perhaps we can then try for having simple carbs only once or twice per week. We would still be able to complex carbs (brown bread, whole meal pasta, sweet potatoes, beans) but maybe limit them to once per day? How does that sound?

Just some ideas, let me know what you think.

Nic:)

Morning

Those all sound like fab idea's Nic! This is what I will do...
An hour a day of walking (today I am going to the Trafford Centre so easily achieved lol!)
Cutting out carbs (maybe one complex carb before 6pm)
Set meal times (no un-necessary snacking. If needed make it a protein based snack)

I weighed myself this morning. I am 13 stones exactly so only a pound this week but hey, a pound off is a pound off. Hopefully by changing my diet this coming week I will definitlely be in the 12's next week!

Good tip Gail!
Thanks xx

Hi cat nice to see you posting again. Any idea when farnworth pool is opening again as horwich is now closed as well so there is nowhere to go during the day. im going to westhoughton on a tue and fri eve with the kids but am missing going during the day.
remember if ever you want to meet for a coffee give us a shout.
take care
carole

Hi cat nice to see you posting again. Any idea when farnworth pool is opening again as horwich is now closed as well so there is nowhere to go during the day. im going to westhoughton on a tue and fri eve with the kids but am missing going during the day.
remember if ever you want to meet for a coffee give us a shout.
take care
carole

Hi Carole
I don't know when it's opening again and I'm a bit peeeed off about it tbh. They are still taking my money every month and say it's because they are 'apparently' providing a bus service to get to the other centres but to me, the whole reasons I chose Farnworth is because it is so local to me! Grrrr!
Aside from my moaning I miss it too!
Yes, would love to meet. If I wasn't going out on the Saturday already I would have been tempted to join your get together at The Birdcage!
Cx

You have lost an amazing amount of weight well done. Good luck with shifting the last bit.

Aww, thank you! I think I'm managing to push it in the right direction as well this week! :D

I will be completely honest, I have been terrible this week on exercise and eating properly. I would like to say it is because I have a cold but let's be real, a cold does not make you eat crap! So tomorrow is another day and so that will have to be a better one.

Cat I am hoping you are doing okay, GO YOU!

Nic:break_diet:

Ahhh Nic! In my house there is no better reason than having a cold to eat rubbish!! You need the comfort food - mine is always mashed potatoes and gravy!! Yummy! So you do what you need to!

I might have had a sneaky go on the scales and its all pointing in the right direction - wooooo! :D

Back