• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cat321's weekly weigh in!

12stone 3 pounds today...exactly half of my starting body weight. :0)

Sorry to butt in but I wanted to say how well you'd done. Congrats on losing half of your body weight. That's blooming marvelous.

I have just read this thread from start to finish as I read elsewhere that you'd had Mr Pollard as your surgeon. I have just started some research into gastric surgery and he came up in the search and for some reason stood out to me so I wondered if you have described your experience/op elsewhere or if you'd mind letting me know about it????

Hi AG1981....have PM'd you x

I've been doing some extra walking this week so it seems to have given me a bit of a boost and I'm 12st 2lbs today. 3 pounds to go and I will be in the 11's!! Crazy!

12s 1lb today! Also have a new job! Good week!

Gosh, you are doing so well. Only a stone away from healthy weight. You must be feeling amazing.

COngrats on the new job x

Thanks everyone!
12 stones exactley today, there was a fleeting moment when I came up as 11s13lbs but I'm not trusting that so sticking with dead on 12 stones!
Full of a cold today but start my new job tomorrow so had to go out for some work trousers...still reach for the 18's but they were massive so tried on a 16 and they fit pretty well - in fact I'd say a few more pounds and it will be 14's!! Seems very bizarre to think I'm now in a 16 on the bottom, my lower half has always been a pain when it comes to losing weight and I always thought of I could get to a 20 I would be happy, now I'm nearly in a 14 and I can't believe it!
So now only a stone to go to my ideal weight...hmmm, may have to revisit my target the closer I get to it! :)

Hello Diary!
Thought I'd better post as I havent done so for a couple of weeks and need to get back on track. Had a bad couple of weeks...had a few crappy things happen and I seem to have gone off track with my eating again, eating crap and a bit too much of it. So, back at 12stone 2pounds and need to see it gone. Holiday in May, would love to be 11 and a half then so am really gonna try.
Hope everyone else is okay, sorry I missed the manchester meet - got some bad news that day so wasn't feeling up to it. Sure I will get to one of them one day.
Cat x

Back down to 12 stones. Happy now, maybe 11's nxt! :)

11 st 12lbs today - very happy me :)

you're doing so well cat... not far to go now. That target is within touching distance now x

Haven't updated in a while, been so busy. Today I weighed 11 stones and 9 pounds which I'm rather pleased about. So I'm now only 8 or 9 pounds to my target of 11 stones (can't remember whether it's 11st or 11st 1lb which takes me to bmi of 25!) I'm sure as I get closer I may want to change that to a bit lower, I've always thought 10 stones would be a good weight but whether that is achievable I don't know, what with my excess skin and stuff!

I've also had to go back on the Omeprazole recently as I have been having some problems with heartburn (never knew it could be so painful!) but haven't had any an 'attack' for the last two weeks due to the combination of watching what I eat and the omeprazole.

I'm very pleased that I still seem to be losing weight at 19 months post surgery - proves I am still doing something right. I wouldn't say I eat perfectly, but it works for me. For the new post oppers who are interested in what I eat now.....

Breakfast - Usually a bagel with low fat cream cheese and cucumber.
Lunch - Either a salad or a baked potato with beans or cottage cheese.
Tea/Dinner - Usually something like a salad with new potatoes or something home made like a quorn sausage casserole (which I made last night and was yummy!)

I also snack on grapes and rice cakes. Thats not to say I don't have bad food as well though, I sometimes have chips from the chippy and am partial to Asda's chocolate mousses (the only vegetarian ones I can find!!) I don't eat actual chocolate or sweets though and virtually never touch a cake (I have been known to though but in the whole time since my op I could count on one hand how many I have had)

Clothes wise, I am now a 12-14 on top, a 16 on the bottom (still got thunder thighs lol!) but can get away with a 14 in dresses. I now 2 pairs of knee high boots (who'da thunk it?!) and actually now enjoy wearing dresses - my calves no longer look bulbous (sp?) and have a reasonable shape.
Healthwise I am good I think, need to step up the exercise as always but the thought of walking no longer terrifies me anymore :)

That's quite a long post from me, but thought it may be interesting for some of the newer post oppers to see what life is like post 12 months surgery.

Hope all is well with everyone else, great to see that Phatgirl (Nic) is now officially Slimgirl! You look great Nic!! And Hopeless Case (Carol) you look fantastic! Two lovely girls who I have still never met (my fault!) but have always given me lots of advice when needed and very supportive - thank you.

I go on holiday in 4 weeks so would be nice to hit 11 and a half stones by then but we'll see! Whatever I am it's still a nice change from 24 stones 6 pounds!! :D

You have done fantastically well. You are an inspiration to me as I started out a little heavier than you and you have shown me that I could achieve my goal too. I have set it at about 11 stone too.

Back