• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Catheter

Hi, I am booked for RNY bypass on 17th June with my pre-op on Monday 10th. I will have a load of questions to ask at my preop but a burning question I can’t seem to find the answer to is will I have a catheter inserted during the op? What about a drain the the wound sites? Thank you in advance.

Sarnie

Hi, I am booked for RNY bypass on 17th June with my pre-op on Monday 10th. I will have a load of questions to ask at my preop but a burning question I can’t seem to find the answer to is will I have a catheter inserted during the op? What about a drain the the wound sites? Thank you in advance.
I think you will have to ask your team these questions, because every person is different. I personally didn't have either of these. Some people do and some don't, it probably depends on many things, your team would be the best people to ask x

Bling Babe

I didn’t have a catheter but did have a wound drain just for 24 hours but we are all different, good luck xx

Charlie Fenton

I had my surgery last Friday at Ashford and St Peter's and didn't have one, I think most hospitals (from what I have heard, can't say for all obviously) want to encourage you to get up and about as soon as possible as it helps with gas pain. As Bling Babe said, I did have a drain, but just had to carry that with me. Mine was in a day and a half though due to having a high temperature and pulse though.