• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Closer

Cicca

I was in Closer yesterday, I wasn't going to say but I thought if anyone reads the article they may see it's me. It's been sensationalised a bit but essentially it's correct. there are a few cringe worthy quotes which I'm sure people will think I mad to have said, don't believe everything you read!!

Anna x.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

oh cool, im guessing its about wls? :) xxx

good read! Good luck to your daughter!

Ooooh, I will try to snaffle a copy tomorrow sometime! :)

Look forward to it !!!

Fair play to you - my mum wishes she could have done the same for me, saving me the last 20 years of being overweight xxx

You can read it online :) Can I ask why you put the story in a magazine?

Totally support you and your daughter btw. I wish I had had mine younger.

Oh, my mum had brought me that magazine and I had already read the article and didn't realise it was you :)
I fully support you and your daughter and I am seriously mad about some of the mindless
criticism people offered, so I gave them a good piece of my mind! *Growlz*
We are all entitled to do what we think is the best for ourselves and our family and until people who are in the exactly same position as we are should have a very large mug of STFU before opening their ignorant mouths! ><

I would do exactly the same if my daughter needed it. As for the comments, well they are always the same old sh*t from ignorant uneducated twats!

I put it in the magazine because they offered to print it. I don't think it was well put out my point was that I don't want Emily to go through what I did. The case of the 19 year old that has got to 60 stone?!

Weight loss is not for everyone but some people need the extra support of surgery to help them deal with a life time change.

Thank you for the comments!!

xx

stuckinafatsuit said:
I would do exactly the same if my daughter needed it. As for the comments, well they are always the same old sh*t from ignorant uneducated twats!

Which comments?! Have I missed something.

I put it in the magazine because they offered to print it. I don't think it was well put out my point was that I don't want Emily to go through what I did. The case of the 19 year old that has got to 60 stone?!

I read your article + totally agreed with your reasons for wanting your daughter to have the surgery. I wish I could have had it years ago, or that one of my previous GP's had listened to me.:)

The case of Georgia Davis "Britain's fattest teen" is just so upsetting -- but in all the press coverage I have read (e.g. today's "You need to lose 50 stone or die" etc) ....... nowhere have I seen any reporter have the mental light bulb moment: "This girl needs a gastric bypass NOW !!!"

(OK bypass or DS or whatever -- but some form of bariatric surgery.)

Why have Georgia's doctors never got around to referring her? Is she meant to be some kind of living hell example of what can go wrong after one failed attempt at fat camp ???? It makes me so mad !!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Which comments?! Have I missed something.

I think stuckinafatsuit might be referring to comments left online on Closer's online version of the article -- altho I have not seen myself as I only read a hard copy of the mag.

Sharonimo said:
I think stuckinafatsuit might be referring to comments left online on Closer's online version of the article -- altho I have not seen myself as I only read a hard copy of the mag.

Just read them!

Not too bad, just a couple of ignorant people. I know it's hard for non fat people to understand but I know how hard it is and if I can give Emily a chance to get hold of her weight problem with surgery as a tool then I want her to have it sooner rather than later.

Sharonimo said:
I read your article + totally agreed with your reasons for wanting your daughter to have the surgery. I wish I could have had it years ago, or that one of my previous GP's had listened to me.:)

The case of Georgia Davis "Britain's fattest teen" is just so upsetting -- but in all the press coverage I have read (e.g. today's "You need to lose 50 stone or die" etc) ....... nowhere have I seen any reporter have the mental light bulb moment: "This girl needs a gastric bypass NOW !!!"

(OK bypass or DS or whatever -- but some form of bariatric surgery.)

Why have Georgia's doctors never got around to referring her? Is she meant to be some kind of living hell example of what can go wrong after one failed attempt at fat camp ???? It makes me so mad !!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Totally agree with you, it sends shivers down my spine thinking what that poor girl must feel like. If she had had surgery after her valiant attempt to loss weight she wouldn't have been able to put the weight back on. She'd be a happy, normal 19 year old now.

Referral for bariatric surgery in Wales is far stricter than England. The budget provision for surgery is alot lower and they only do about 70 procedures a year.

Wales is considerably lagging behind England for bariatric services, which is really sad. I had no chance of surgery in Wales. That's why I am so glad I was accepted when I moved to Nottingham.

Referral for bariatric surgery in Wales is far stricter than England. The budget provision for surgery is alot lower and they only do about 70 procedures a year.

Oh I see .... well Georgia Davis now weighs 63 stone (because no one referred her for surgery years ago) and has a BMI of 142 ..... would that be enough to qualify under the Welsh stingy system ???? :rolleyes:

I'm sure it would be, but we only know what the papers are reporting at the moment not the full story. Maybe her co morbidities were too severe for surgery, who knows ?

It's an incredibly sad story though. My heart goes out to her and she's so young aswell :-(

I think the theory with her is someone is feeding her and it must be her parent/s. now if she had WLS, would she be sabotaged by the said parent/s who had fed her the crap all this this?

If she moved out, maybe WLS would work for her. Just so sad.

Well done Cicca in helping your daughter xxx

Back