• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Clothes or No Clothes?

SleeveGirl

Hi Everyone,

Random question... Do you weigh yourself with or without clothes on? Obviously at the appointments they always weigh you with clothes on.

Also, I am now 3 weeks post op so am I able to use my exercise bike? The only advice I have been given by my provider is to 'start moving about more now'.

so u r also starting the pureed stage,how is the weight loss going,did u get totally fed up of liquids

so u r also starting the pureed stage,how is the weight loss going,did u get totally fed up of liquids

I'm starting my softs stage on 22nd June - feels like AGES away lol! I'm so fed up of liquids!

Weight loss hasn't been great compared to others I don't think but I've spoken to my dietician and she said I'm doing all the right things so to keep going. I've lost 1st 7lbs since I started the pre op diet (13th May). x

I will not weigh in until my 1st 6wk post op check,hopefully with clothes on as it wouldn't be a pretty sight for the rest of the patients in clinic,I think we become obsessed with the scales if they do not give the results we desire & try to alter things in the diet which should obviously be left alone & followed as the provider intended

Last edited:
I will not weigh in until my 1st 6wk post op check,hopefully with clothes on as it wouldn't be a pretty sight for the rest of the patients in clinic,I think we become obsessed with the scales if they do not give the results we desire & try to alter things in the diet which should obviously be left alone & followed as the provider intended

Weighing yourself does become an obsession! I think it's because we're so eager to loose weight after the op.

Naked first thing in the morning before getting in the shower.

The clothes I wear add 2lbs which is rubbish lol!

Saturday morning in pjs :)

No clothes, after loo, but before shower.

So the majority weigh themselves in the noddy :)

Yep. That's when we are lightest :)

I weigh myself every Saturday morning in the nude and have my scales on exactly the same spot in the kitchen (have floor tiles so easy to line up)! :) The cats just give me a pitying look :)

I weigh myself in the nude first thing in the morning. they are not budging for me at the moment at all but they are not going up and I am only 2 weeks post op with a band

I weigh with my night clothes on after I have been to the loo.

Every Monday morning after my shower.

I'm not sure when you can start on your bike. I was told by my nurse I had to stay off mine for 8 long weeks :( I am only allowed to do walking for exercise at the moment. xx

Every Monday morning after my shower.

I'm not sure when you can start on your bike. I was told by my nurse I had to stay off mine for 8 long weeks :( I am only allowed to do walking for exercise at the moment. xx

8 weeks is a long time. I'm seeing my surgeon on Tue so I'm going to ask him :)

Back