• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Clur's band diary

Clur

As I start my liver shrinking diet today I felt it was time to stop being a lurk and start to participate!

I'm scheduled to have a gastric band fitted on February 21st. Since my initial consultation in early November I've been stalking this website, and already the support and advice have helped me to commit to surgery, and begin preparing. So thanks so much for that. Reading about the success stories, as well as the struggles, has really helped to prepare me mentally. And now I've started the physical prep with a day of skimmed milk!

I'm in my mid 20s and work in healthcare, so sometimes wonder if I know too much... But I've still managed to be overweight pretty much my whole life, and in the last year have put on nearly 2 stone. My job is relatively active, I'm on my feet all day, and the hours are long. Yet the huge late night dinners and lunches replaced by bottles of lucozade seem to have done considerable damage to my waistline. And to be honest my self confidence has taken a greater hit. I have great family and friends, a great job, yet I haven't been properly happy with myself in a long time, and I feel this is down to my weight almost exclusively. I'm lucky in that I'm tall and can carry the weight ok, like I'm a size 16 currently, but these days that's only my most flattering, generous size 16 clothes. I feel like the best years of my life are still ahead of me, and I need to be in a healthy and happy shape to enjoy them!

So I'm excited to have started my milk diet today, and looking forward to never seeing as large a number on the scales again - 114.5kg this morning. I'm only going to weigh myself once a week so I don't go insane, and give myself a bigger window for success. I'll keep you posted on the LSD, and thanks again for all the support you've all already given me, even if you didn't realise!

Good luck with everything

Welcome sweetheart to a fab friendly site.... your certainly in the best place for friendly advise and tons of support and a few giggles along the way :) i wish you all the luck in he world.... am guessing you know its not easy :) but were all here to help keep you sane and to help motivate u to the finishing line :) welcome again and all the best ) keep us posted x x x

Welcome! Be strong.....the pre-op diet isn't easy, and you'll start questioning yourself, can I do it, is it worth it, I feel like crap....etc etc! But you CAN!!!! We all have, it isn't easy in the slightest, my biggest tip is to come on here. If you feel crappy, sad, like giving up, this place is just the best whether it's for a hug, reassurance or a kick up the butt (tends to be what I'm always needing!) the place will help you!

Good luck!!! Xxx

Best of luck x

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Just home from work, I ran into the kitchen, grabbed my milk and ran back out to avoid temptation! My mum is the only person who knows about the band so must be careful around housemates. They'll probably think I've become awfully boring! Day 2 of the LSD has been harder but managing ok, I could probably do with drinking more water. Do you find you are able to drink enough water with the band? I know you're not allowed to drink with food, but with water on its own do you need to be careful with quantities/timing? Thanks.

Good luck clur! I will be following your diary as will hopefully be fitted with a band myself in April :)

Just got sent home from work as I seem to have picked up the winter vomiting bug...if ever there was a fast way to lose a few lbs! Found yesterday very tough going, went to bed at 8.30 to avoid cravings, but no interest in food today which helps!

Down 4 pounds after 6 days. Not earth shattering, but I said I'd be happy to lose 10% of what i want to lose overall beforehand, ie 8 pounds, so hopefully still on track for that. Its been hard, although I do feel its getting easier. Eating lots of 0% fat plain greek yoghurts as they are high in protein and low on carbs. One week to go! I'm working long days all next week so must pack my hospital bag today.

Down 4 pounds after 6 days. Not earth shattering, but I said I'd be happy to lose 10% of what i want to lose overall beforehand, ie 8 pounds, so hopefully still on track for that. Its been hard, although I do feel its getting easier. Eating lots of 0% fat plain greek yoghurts as they are high in protein and low on carbs. One week to go! I'm working long days all next week so must pack my hospital bag today.

Bet you are very excited. I am a very new bander/bandit x:D

Wow, being down over a stone 4 days post op is great! How have you found it so far? To be honest I've just felt a bit blurry the past few days!

I'm being banded on Monday, so our ops will be very close. Once you get into stride with LSD it's not too bad, and mine gave me a little glimpse into the future ad I lost 22lbs, and now I really believe I can do it, weight within a "normal" range for life. Hurrah!

Best of luck for tomorrow Siana, and congratulations on your fab loss so far. Do let us know how you're getting on!

Back