• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Toto's diary

MrsPill

I wanted to call my diary something witty and funny but my brain has gone to sleep!
I've been to all 4 of the pre-op appointments now- Bariatric nurse, Surgeon, Dietician and Psychologist. Its been a bit of a marathon TBH and much harder than I expected. The pre-op pack arrived this morning with info re: hospital stay etc and my appt for pre-op assessment and it suddenly feels so real and a bit wierd.
Yes, I've had a couple of 2nd thoughts today as well but I know I need the extra help of a band and I know i've made the right decision to have a band and not a bypass.
So, tomorrow its my son's graduation and its my last supper...off to an Italian restaurant in Edinburgh to celebrate and Friday I'm starting my pre-op diet. Actually, I'm really looking forward to it...starting over. I need a new life...a new body... Please let it be ok :fingerscrossed:

Have a lovely time tomorrow and congratulations to your son. You must be so proud of him x x

How exciting for you. Yes the doubt will soon set in but everyone goes through this but when you are on the other side you wont regret it.
Good luck with your journey and keep your diary going as it really does help.
Enjoy your last supper, stuff yourself silly and remember it.....as it will be the last of that volume!

Thanks everyone.
Well, that's my last supper and I'm absolutely stuffed! Had Pasta with broccolli and italian sausage and chilli followed by strawberries and cream washed down with a bottle of wine. Fabulous but I feel sick! Too much really and my husband said "you'll be a cheaper date from now on thankfully" !! hahaha.

So, week one of the pre-op diet over and I've lost 8.5lbs!!! I'm sooo pleased too. Its been easy but I was well prepared and very motivated. Its different this time. This time its serious- no mucking about and making excuses. Surgery is serious! My op is hopefully on the 14th July- got pre-ops on the 7th July. Can hardly wait.

Thankyou..looks like you've done well too. x

Cheap date to feed, but dressed in a whole new EXPENSIVE wardrobe LOL

I must have about three wardrobes full of clothes in my loft of various sizes from a 16 up! I've got a cashmere wool coat- size 16 that my sister gave to me when she lost weight that I'm dying to get into... that'd be nice this winter :)

Weeeellll.... the point of no return has arrived. I've had to stump up with the dosh to pay for my operation so I've maxed out the credit card!! haha. This is it folks... Feeling a little apprehensive now. What if it doesn't work? What if something horrible happens on the operating table? I can think of so many "What if's" just now that I've got to stop thinking otherwise I'll freak myself out. I just wish there was an alternative :(

No.1 - Well done for getting this far
No.2 - Good luck for your op
No.3 - Stop worrying
No.4 - Live your new life to the full

I imagine everyone has second, third and fourth thoughts at the stage you're at, so you're normal! We all wish for an alternative, but I believe we were all destined to be the way we are, be it tall, short, big or small and we were destined to do something about the hand we've been dealt. No doubt I'll be screaming with nerves and anxiety as my op date draws near (if I ever get one!) and you'll be on here telling me to stop being so daft...

Good luck for the rest of your wl journey.:bestwishes:

Oh and
No.5 - Well done for maxing the credit card....:giggle:

Thankyou jema and everyone for your kind comments.
Had my pre-ops yesterday....(MRSA swab in the groin area was ...er...interesting!) I'm all set for next Thursday. I'm on the theatre list for 10am.
So what did I do last night? I had a small binge! I had 2 small choc cup cakes, 2 crumpets and a slice of toast with jam and this was all because I didn't lose anything (STS) last week on my pre-op diet. Oh well, back on it this morning. It frightens me that I won't lose weight when I get my band because if I can't lose when I'm really controlling every morsel that I eat then maybe my body just wont let go of all this fat and having a band won't make any difference.
Ok, I'm rambling here now! I'm just a little frightened I guess that it won't work and I'll cheat all the time and...and...and..
(Thanks for listening!)xx

Thankyou jema and everyone for your kind comments.
Had my pre-ops yesterday....(MRSA swab in the groin area was ...er...interesting!) I'm all set for next Thursday. I'm on the theatre list for 10am.
So what did I do last night? I had a small binge! I had 2 small choc cup cakes, 2 crumpets and a slice of toast with jam and this was all because I didn't lose anything (STS) last week on my pre-op diet. Oh well, back on it this morning. It frightens me that I won't lose weight when I get my band because if I can't lose when I'm really controlling every morsel that I eat then maybe my body just wont let go of all this fat and having a band won't make any difference.
Ok, I'm rambling here now! I'm just a little frightened I guess that it won't work and I'll cheat all the time and...and...and..
(Thanks for listening!)xx

I know exactly how your feeling right now i have been sticking to this pre op diet now for 5 days and ive lost 1lb scared like hell that it wont be good enough to shrink the liver and even worse i could even loose what i have paid for the op if the liver isnt small enough, i had the same feeling as you about what happens after i have the band fitted maybe i wont loose a thing i just feel like crying and giving up guess its just one of those mornings i hope xx

Looks like I have to remove my Minx nails on my toes :( for the op. Oh well.
Weight is a strange thing...hadn't lost much this week then got on scales this morning and I'm up to 12lbs lost over the 2 weeks.
Quite pleased now and a bit more confident :)

Last edited:
Your op is getting closer oh how exciting for you. Hope your managing to keep calm and not panic. Remember, its the start of some brilliant times ahead x

Back