• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Clur's band diary

Hope the past few days have gone well for you Siana! Tomorrow is D day for me, in work til midnight tonight so I'll head up first thing in the morning, means I don't have to spend too long thinking! Was down 2 pounds on Wednesday, again not earth shattering but every pound less is a step in the right direction. I suppose I find it hard as a year ago I weighed almost 2 stone less than I do now. But I'll get there, along with another 3 and a half stone all going well!

Clur

Best of luck for tomorrow. Its not as bad as l though it would be. I feel 99% better now just get tired very quickly. Let us know how you get on x

Just heading on the road now. Op went fine, have 4mls in 10ml bad. I was last of the day so didn't head in til 5. Was pretty miserable last night, ended up getting tramadol, morphine and a Difene suppository before I could move, but once I got walking that really helped the gas pain. Have had 3 half cups of tea so far, may try some juice and soup later. Bit terrified of the three hour journey, but I've brought a pillow for my lap. Here's to joining the losers bench!

Yay!!!!! Well done. Just take it nice and slow.....and chill!

Oh, and stay on here for support....I'm struggling but this forum is just so good for you to let off steam, get support or a kick up the jacksie!

Zxx

Doing much better today thanks! Managed half a cup of smoothie made with skimmed milk, protein powder and a spoon of blueberries at breakfast time, and had a small amount of tomato soup at lunch. I don't think I have any problems with keeping it down or taking in too much, I'm just scared to overdo it. And today has been the first day the pain hasn't been too bad. Also down 4 pounds since Saturday! So 10 pound loss in two and a half weeks.

I keep reading and re-reading everyones diaries for tips, reassurance and inspiration, like when Kursty wursty was newly post op and made the conscious decision to treat herself to icecream, it might seem like a small thing, but its good to know there is life after the band!

Hope you're all doing well, especially the recent post oppers!

I loved horlicks light! It gave me a comforting big drink....filling and lots of good stuff in it too! Your doing so well! Xx

Today I am officially 6 days following the second band they had to put in (long story) and all appears well. Even wrong out to lunch yesterday , had an almond and choc milk. Dropped 2 dress sizes already since start of LSD, weigh in later :)

O God, 2 bands?! Sounds traumatic. Glad you're feeling better, regardless of the weigh in 2 dress sizes is great!

Also, I had a hot chocolate today, just milk and powder, no cream, marshmallows etc, and I've felt awfully nauseous and sore since. And it's been about 5 hours now! That's all I've had today, I really thought that it would be ok, and a nice change from soup...

Had a bleed and first band had to be replaced, one of those things. Couldn't fault the care I got though. Sore , but from where I bled not the band

That's excellent, congrats. You really are flying it. I'm down another 2 so 12 total, a bit to go to catch you yet! I see we have similar amounts to lose.

I started on purée 2 days ago and I haven't felt full at all, though I'm making myself stop after half a cup of scrambled egg or mashed potato. While I'm not exactly hungry I feel like I could eat multiple cups. People talk about not being able to get beyond a few spoonfuls, I'm worried as to why I appear to tolerate so much? My calories are still generally below 800 and carbs less than 60g but that's through willpower and fear of damaging the band rather than restriction or inability to eat. And as is my usual problem 75% of my calories happen after 6pm because I'm too busy at work to have lunch. Weighing in once weekly so not til Saturday, it'll be interesting to see what the scales say. I'm really counting on this to work, so I'm pretty nervous....

I'm meant t be starting puree today but the thought of it is not appealing. Not as all hungry and forcing myself to have smoothies with lots of protein and fruit. Pain from where I bled is bothering me a lot and popping pills so that could me making me feel a bit bleugh

On the plus side, just ordered a swimsuit, it's arrived, and it fits!!! A bit snug to allow for more weight loss but 3 dress sizes down!

I know what you mean about feeling you could eat more though. I am finding it really easy to drink fairly large amounts of fluid in one hit, and also get tempted by food but it's really because I fancy it rather than being hungry for it

Back