• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confession time before a new start! Any advice and guidance very gratefully received!

fento01

Hello...

I was sleeved in July 2014. My starting weight was 23st 4lb's (size 24/26) and over 12 months on I'm at 17st 2lbs (size 16/18)

In February I joined a running group and have gone from not being able to run 1 minute to completing 2 5k races. I was soooo proud of myself doing that! I've joined the gym but find I'm not using it...I feel self conscious in the classes and find the gym so boring on my own. I do swim more often but in the last 6 weeks that's stopped.

Old habits are well and truly back, I'm snacking on crisps and chocolate every day, I've got no interest in cooking for myself (although I cook for the rest of the family) so I live on salad leaves, tomatoes, mozzarella and either a little chicken or a samosa. I have that every day at work for lunch and most evenings for tea. It occurred to me the other day that I'm not following the no drinking before and after eating rule and I drink fizzy drinks. I love wine, cider and g&t and have been drinking far to much of all three. I pretty much never have breakfast and am certainly not getting 60g's of protein a day.

To begin with I was obsessed with this site and posting regularly and reading all the inspirational stories etc. and it really helped. I'm at home off work this week and so far today I have consumed 3 chocolate hobnobs, a freddo and 2 small packets of cheddars!!! I'm disgusted with myself. I haven't been running for 3 weeks and not even done any gym or walking.

So now I've stuffed my face I've decided it's time to get back on here, sort my life out and get back on track. I was to get to 13 stone. 4st 2lbs to go!!! I'm going to post on here daily and list my food and get back into that mind set!

I will be healthy and slim!!!!!

Right so a couple of pictures for a bit of motivation to get myself in the right frame of mind!!

You've done so well getting to where you are now, and posting here you've realized things need to change which is the first step to getting back on course.

From what I've read you know what you need to do so all you need to do is put it into practice, easy to say I know :)

Your future is in your hands alone and you can do it, just believe in yourself. I look forward to reading your future posts and seeing all the good things happen.

Sending big hugs :)

It sounds like you're in the right frame of mind to tackle things ... and that's 90 percent of the battle. Good luck, you can do it.

Hello. You have done so well so far, just looking at your photos shows that and you look great. You were very motivated before so what happened? What's made you stop exercising and reverting to your unhealthy food choices? Having just been sleeved I know it's not an easy journey so it would be such a shame for you not to benefit further from this amazing tool that we've been given.

Good luck and we are all behind you x

Hi Fento01, you look great in your after photos, you have come so far. I find it really hard to keep up a healthy routine, like many people on here I've lost 10s of stones in the past only to revert to old habits and put it all back on again, it's a hard wired way of comforting ourselves that's hard to break. But it can be done, maybe you need to think about how your feeling before you eat and ask if food is really going to address whatever need it is you want to meet. I have found an app called "before I eat" really helpful and a book called weightloss surgery coping companion by Tanie Miller Kabala. It takes a lot of work and lots of strategies to keep on track but I am sure you can do it.

Recognition of why you have slipped back, then coming back here is half the battle the before and after photos should be your visual kick up the bum you need !
I guess no one said once your banded/sleeved/bypassed that its plain sailing its after the WLS that the real work begins!
I wish you luck

6 stone is fab. You know where the problem is and I reckon you can do this.

You look great by the way. :)

Thank you all...yes that's the silly thing I do know what to do!!

I went swimming yesterday afternoon and met a girl in the jacuzzi who was saying she doesn't use the gym enough because of self confidence so we swapped numbers and are going to do a class or 2 together!!

Have just had a cheese and ham toastie and have got some melon to have in a while. Salad for tea...

Going running tonight so hoping I've got my mojo back!!! Xx

That's it, you can do it, I used to love running but can't now cos my ankles can't cope with my excess weight. Don't be disappointed if you can't run like you did 3 weeks ago, start from where you are now, you'll be surprised how quickly you can regain your fitness, but don't be disappointed if you can't do it all on day 1 (speaking from experience !!!), best of luck!

Welcome back sweetheart :) I remember you ...... I though i'd replied yesterday, but obviously not lol any way sweets well done on a fab loss you have done blooming amazing :) its easy to allow those bad habits back in, I too am guilty..... so I'm pretty much in your shoes too lol one of the most important keys to our success is to stick around here for heaps of support and the odd kick up the bum!!!
Forget all the yesterdays that have been and gone, be mindful today to stay on the right road and look forward to a lifetimes of tomorrows :) not everyday will be perfect but we can only strive to be LOL and that's all we can ask of ourselves x x x x x huge hugs, sounds like your already back on the road WTG and good luck x x x x ps good to have you back

Welcome back sweetheart :) I remember you ...... I though i'd replied yesterday, but obviously not lol any way sweets well done on a fab loss you have done blooming amazing :) its easy to allow those bad habits back in, I too am guilty..... so I'm pretty much in your shoes too lol one of the most important keys to our success is to stick around here for heaps of support and the odd kick up the bum!!! Forget all the yesterdays that have been and gone, be mindful today to stay on the right road and look forward to a lifetimes of tomorrows :) not everyday will be perfect but we can only strive to be LOL and that's all we can ask of ourselves x x x x x huge hugs, sounds like your already back on the road WTG and good luck x x x x ps good to have you back

Thanks lovely. It's good to be back! It's definitely a positive being back on here. It keeps me focused and almost makes me feel more accountable! I've not weighed myself for about 4 weeks so am going to hop on the scales at the gym today and see what the damage is!! I'll post later so it's out there lol!!

It helps to know I'm not the only one struggling!!

How have you got on? Xxx

the only one of

Has anyone ever thought of doing the liver Shrinkage diet again? I do wonder if it would give me a good old re-wire and get me back on the right track? Any thoughts? Xx

Worth a go sweetheart....or just back to real basics ......yes I've considered both BUT once those bad habits and bad foods have crept in its hard to break !!

Today I have logged to mfp the first time in 3 months.... today I have steered clear of crap and made good healthy foods and today (funnily enough) is the first day I've felt good in ages.....its all linked eh

I would say google the 5 day pouch test....worth a go x x x good luck with the scales ...........I've been battling the same half a stone for the last 3 months lol lose, gain, lose gain...... ugh its no fun x x x

well done fento

keep going, you've done great and can get there

good luck x

Back