• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OK it's confession time

Well said Karl... and I must say... I think you are looking amazing... what a tremendous weightloss!

Love and hugs Bev xxx

I am terrible for pastries and crisps!! It's wrong but as long as it doesn't get out of hand. Don't beat yourself up!

I used to avoid bread because I knew that if I started to have it I would get lazy with making balanced meals and just have sandwiches/cheese on toast etc but I started to have it so that I had more choices whilst out and I was right, I do have more choice when Im out, but my fear also came true, I have gotten lazy and sandwiches have crept in and my old favourite...cheese on toast!
I never used to bother with crisps that much pre-op but now post-op I love them, I love a nice packet of salt n vinegar or ready salted. We dont buy them in but I do choose them in cafes and at my sisters house sometimes, more than I should do and eating carbs makes it easier to get more in and my capacity has increased.
So I am off work this week and am putting a rescue plan into action, as low carb as possible and the big emphasis being on protein protein protein...lunch was tuna...and I mean only tuna...as usual my pouch quickly felt very full and the protein is making it fuller for longer.
Its my kind of c*ck-eyed version of a pouch test, designed to kick out bad habits, restore decent restriction and to kick start the weight loss.
So further out from surgery it can be easy to slip into old habits.
Steph xx

Good for you Steph for recognising what you are doing and trying to correct it :D I hope when it happens to me (Im not daft enough to think it wont!) I hope I can do the same....good luck with it XX

Thanks hon xx Its the being totally oblivious to my eating that got me to needing surgery in the first place, luckily I am now aware of my 'problems' and can address them much sooner.
Its good that you know that food demons are likely to hit at some point, mine took nearly a year but they hit...best to be prepared.
Steph xx

Karen...
I cant advise hun..I haven't been there and done it yet!

I just wanted to say..good on you for posting and don't beat your self up...your doing great x x

well done s teph. isnt it good though that once we recognise that the food demons are on the prowl, we know what to do to chase them away again. it might not be easy to do but at least we have that option. keep on and well done, hugs xxx

They say that they should rewire your brain as well as our innards but you know what, they kind of do, pre-op I didnt realise I had eating issues (yes I was dim enough to think I ate well...sooooo blind!!!) but post-op I notice the issues and act on them...so my brain MUST work differently.
Steph xx

Hahaha... Steph... and everyone is so different before the surgery anyway... so it would be a job... haha... hope you are ok Angel xxx

Dont worry Karen you are gonna be OK and do you know why????? Well you were away of what you have eaten and felt you could of made better choices. You didnt and that isnt a problem either as everyone has said a few naughties, as us old dieters call them, are OK.

You noted what you did and your mind logged it. I bet before the op you would have had a big mac, large fries, large coke and not felt an once of remorse, so you are starting to learn.

Well done mate and stop worrying.

Karen, you are still having a superb weightloss and it's recognition that you are watching what you eat with great care and concern, so it has to be a positive and keep going, you are doing well. xxx

I haven't cheated like this Karen, but not because I haven't wanted to: I simply don't dare. Well done on recognising what you've been doing. That's the way to putting a stop to it. If you're one of those people who can have an occasional treat, maybe you can build it into your week's eating and make it legitimate?

So far my biggest 'naughty' has been half a pack of quavers or french fries. Pouchy can't manage a whole packet! And I guess I'm lucky I'm such a dumper. Chocolate and the like is totally out.

steph, i think our insides get rewired, and then in the initial months after surgery, our brains eventually catch up, because we initially have all the restrictions on eating, and then we gradually work it out for ourselves. either way, as long as we are aware of the food demans, we should be able to keep on the straight and narrow. hugs xx

Firstly a word of warning J-Mo, chinese hurts my pouch bad, really bad :) Stick with an indian lol....

Karen, you are not the first and you won't be the last! I don't dump and can tell you if i pop into my moms i sometimes have a bourbon biscuit, one that is not a pack which is what i would have eaten if they were my biscuits at home. I can eat anything without dumping, i choose not too. If i want a treat i'll have a little pack of 'Go Ahead' biscuits or if i feel like pushing the boat out a egg custard from Greggs. Last week on my hols food was all over the place and one day i had a bit of cornish pasty for lunch as it was my only option really, one teatime i had a childs meal at Wetherspoons which consisted of a burger that had been griddled and chips, i managed half the burger and 3 chips, thoroughly enjoyed it as i'd been lusting after a burger (something i would rarely touch pre op) for a while....

Sometimes, in all honesty, i think it does our bodies good to throw a little bit of naughtiness in as it tricks our metabolism to thinking the good times are returning. After my naughtiness on holiday the scales were kind and gave me a 3lb loss. However, and heed this warning well, i bear no illusions that as my weight gets to a more 'normal' weight i won't be able to sneak a treat in as easily as i can now!

Don't beat yourself up. You can work on your head and pick better 'treats' xxx

Back