• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Considering gastric band but scared

I agree with you banderbird and I plan to help myself as much as I can otherwise it defeats the purpose.
Meeting with surgeon tomorrow night looking forward to it.

Can I ask what complication treatment cover was included in the package you got from your provider?

I was anxious as well, and read a lot of horror stories about bands failing which scared me. However I still felt it was the best option for me, as I didn't want anything more invasive. If you make the right food choices and follow all the rules, you give it the best chance of working for you. I think quite a few cases of band failure are due to them being misused. I am certain that the girl on that stupid TV documentary about bands going wrong had misused hers.
Thanks Banderbird. I think I just got panicky that I had made right choice, that is band rather than bypass. I just got nervous that I was spending all this money and I might need bypass later if it slips or erodes. Just got scared I think

I agree with you banderbird and I plan to help myself as much as I can otherwise it defeats the purpose. Meeting with surgeon tomorrow night looking forward to it. Can I ask what complication treatment cover was included in the package you got from your provider?
Good luck tomorrow night. Keep us posted how u get on. What package are you thinking about? I thought maybe Gold as honestly that's all I can afford

I agree with you banderbird and I plan to help myself as much as I can otherwise it defeats the purpose.
Meeting with surgeon tomorrow night looking forward to it.

Can I ask what complication treatment cover was included in the package you got from your provider?

Two years of aftercare with unlimited fills and dietician support. Six months of cover if anything at all goes wrong.

Personally I think it should be two years, but that's all you get with THG.

I think im going silver, its the most I can afford atm..im more than happy with the 2 yr fill and aftercare but there is a big diff between 3 mths complication care & 12 mths! Dr kirk was very for bypass but I had already made my mind up before I met him. Are u still undecided between the two?

Yes it's hard to decide. I've read up on both and been reading the posts on this site. Have you much weight to loose

Yeah ive 7st to lose to get to an ideal BMI..17 1/2 atm. The bypass does seem fab and the results are amazing! Have you much to lose? X

Hi I'm from Ireland to. I'm thinking of going abroad for surgery. I was looking into the gastric band in Brussels with dr. Chris de Bruges. Any info will help! Why did u decide to have surgery at home. In Brussels it's EUR4250 this is about all I can afford. My fills will be in Dublin.

Hi :) I just preferred the idea of staying at home..I had considered birmingham as it is 4995 but im a nervous flyer at the best of times so I didnt fancy the flight home and the surgeon who is doing mine works in nhs and if theres any complications, hopefully not, he sees you asap. Im going with phoenix healthcare and the decider for me was that they do the ops in the ulster independent clinic which is a v reputable hosp its 5750 so not much dearer than birmingham. Ive read many good reports on brussells on here tho and ppls experiences were v positive. When are you thinking of having ur op? Is it a band?

Nic x

Yes the band. Is that what you got? The refills will be in dublin the doc comes here once a month. Also they have a nurse who lives here who is available if needed.

Hi Guys wee update. Met my Surgeon again Wednesday past and signed Consent form for Gastric Band. They will phone me back this week with date for my surgery. Hopefully January. Glad decision over.

Back