• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Constipation

westiedog

Had my band surgery Tuesday 10th Feb and still haven't been for a poo - in fact last time I went was Sunday night! I have rang my provider for recommendations for what liquid laxative to use but have to wait for a nurse to ring back later this afternoon. Anyone else had a band and can give advice on which brand to use? Many thanks. Keep feeling like I want to go but just gas - nice !!

There are a few liquid laxatives, such as milk of magnesium etc. I have been reading up ready for my band! They say not to take senna or the like as the cause cramping. Im sure if you ask the pharmacist, they can advise? Good luck

There are a few liquid laxatives, such as milk of magnesium etc. I have been reading up ready for my band! They say not to take senna or the like as the cause cramping. Im sure if you ask the pharmacist, they can advise? Good luck

Thanks for the reply. My provider advised to me to get Movicol which you dissolve in water and just got some from my local Asda pharmacy. Fingers crossed x
:eek:

Your post made me grin - as it came up in my feed as westiedog constipation - you'd think by now I'd stop being so childish. More seriously, I am pleased you resolved your discomfort and thanks for bringing it up - I have made a note of the medicine and I am going to stock up!
Hope the weight loss goes brilliantly :)

Your post made me grin - as it came up in my feed as westiedog constipation - you'd think by now I'd stop being so childish. More seriously, I am pleased you resolved your discomfort and thanks for bringing it up - I have made a note of the medicine and I am going to stock up!
Hope the weight loss goes brilliantly :)

Oops didn't think about it like that lol :D

Back