• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Plication (wrap) booked....in UK!

Gillykit

KT73 said:
Just an update....officially 4st down now....only 11lbs to goal weight....then I'll reassess and see if to set another....I feel fab :)

XXX

Fantastic! Well done :) How long has that taken you? I've had nearly 4 weeks on proper food now and haven't lost any weight for the last three :( Getting me a bit down but I know I'm retaining water and am still losing centimetres. Did this ever happen to you KT73? x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

dejnablue

KT73 said:
Just an update....officially 4st down now....only 11lbs to goal weight....then I'll reassess and see if to set another....I feel fab :)

XXX

Well done! Really nice to hear from happy successful ppl on their wlj...I do need the reassurance right now...my OP is in 5 weeks and I'm really debating whether I should spend all that money on this?! It could do so much for my Family...I feel lost right now. Sometimes am thinking "selfish you" others "just an excuse to chicken out"...sorry bout the rant x

Sent from my Samsung galaxy note

Beyonce

Hi ladies x i am actually lying in my bed in Prague on my clinic ward in tears as i cant rest i had my op.( gastric wrap) on Tuesday x cannot fault the clinic so proffessional and looked after me well x but i cant stomach anything and i have heartburn which feels more like a heart attack x plz someone give me your help or advice x x x

Gillykit

Beyonce said:
Hi ladies x i am actually lying in my bed in Prague on my clinic ward in tears as i cant rest i had my op.( gastric wrap) on Tuesday x cannot fault the clinic so proffessional and looked after me well x but i cant stomach anything and i have heartburn which feels more like a heart attack x plz someone give me your help or advice x x x

Oh sweetheart I feel for you :( maybe its really bad trapped wind? Have you been walking about and trying peppermint tea - I know you're struggling to stomach anything right now but if you can sip this slowly it might help. Best thing post op is to be as mobile as possible. It will get better. x

Beyonce

Ahhhh thank u so so so so much x clinic never offered me peppermint tea x but i will make sure i stock some in x x i travelled home late last nite and cannot seem to sleep well x as which i have woken up with a violent headache plus prob a little dehyrated x will i be ok taking dissolvable disprin hun??? X x i am post op 1 week today x x i do feel and look very pale + weak :-(x x x can i also CONGRATULATE U on ur milestone of success x x x <3 <3 WELL DONE X

Gillykit

Beyonce said:
Ahhhh thank u so so so so much x clinic never offered me peppermint tea x but i will make sure i stock some in x x i travelled home late last nite and cannot seem to sleep well x as which i have woken up with a violent headache plus prob a little dehyrated x will i be ok taking dissolvable disprin hun??? X x i am post op 1 week today x x i do feel and look very pale + weak :-(x x x can i also CONGRATULATE U on ur milestone of success x x x <3 <3 WELL DONE X

Glad you're home safe - you will be more comfortable now. Did the clinic not give you some pain relief? I'd check with them first if Disprin is ok, as I was given some soluble Solpadene to bring home and just had to leave it to stop fizzing before drinking it. You will feel very tired for a couple of weeks at least but keep mobile and rest when you feel tired - and keep drinking lots. Take care x x

Beyonce

No i was only given tablets for sickness x thank you for ur advice means alot x i have been so frightened il be honest x x felt like i had bin living a real nightmare x x yes im so relieved im home x x x il keep posting so u can see my progress x i see my Gp tomorrow x x x x x

KT73

Fantastic! Well done :) How long has that taken you? I've had nearly 4 weeks on proper food now and haven't lost any weight for the last three :( Getting me a bit down but I know I'm retaining water and am still losing centimetres. Did this ever happen to you KT73? x

I too have had a couple of stalls……don't get down hearted..it happens to most along their journey….just keep doing the right things….healthy, low fat protein rich food….keep your fluid intake up… :) You'll get there… :)

XXX

KT73

Well done! Really nice to hear from happy successful ppl on their wlj...I do need the reassurance right now...my OP is in 5 weeks and I'm really debating whether I should spend all that money on this?! It could do so much for my Family...I feel lost right now. Sometimes am thinking "selfish you" others "just an excuse to chicken out"...sorry bout the rant x

Sent from my Samsung galaxy note

From my perspective….my surgery was best money I've spent….and beeeelieve me I've spent much along the years in my attempt to lose the weight!!! My blood pressure has lowered and my confidence has increased massively as people mention how much better i appear in myself!! My focus isn't solely based around food!!

When once I would have dreaded the Christmas 'party season' and would have wriggled out of every party….I'm well up for everything…and have even purchased 3 dresses already….I NEVER wear dresses..lol..

Thats all I can say…only you can make the decision that is right for you.. :) Good luck!!

XXX

Gillykit

KT73 said:
I too have had a couple of stalls……don't get down hearted..it happens to most along their journey….just keep doing the right things….healthy, low fat protein rich food….keep your fluid intake up… :) You'll get there… :)

XXX

Thank you KT! I'm not disheartened yet - just frustrated! Spoke to Jennie earlier and she's suggested I up my calories a bit every few days and get some water tablets from my GP as my legs are awful with fluid retention. Having some time out from work at the minute and really enjoying cooking again - lots of low fat soups and stews :). How are you doing lovely? x

sararob23

Gillykit said:
Thank you KT! I'm not disheartened yet - just frustrated! Spoke to Jennie earlier and she's suggested I up my calories a bit every few days and get some water tablets from my GP as my legs are awful with fluid retention. Having some time out from work at the minute and really enjoying cooking again - lots of low fat soups and stews :). How are you doing lovely? x

Hiya...long time no speak :)
I havent vanished, just had a lot on and a long weekend away!

Sorry to hear you have had a bit of a stall, and the water retention can't be nice.
my weight loss slowed right down for a week or two, don't think ive recorded my weight for one of them :-! What with my nans passing, the mini hol and a crap time in work I haven't really been as focussed as I should. I was half board on holiday, it was all stodge and extreamly salty. My skin was literally itching when I was coming home, desperate for detox!
I've lost a bit since ive been back and noticing my bodies reaction to eating not such good food has made me more confident that I can make the right choices its been salad and bulgar wheat all week and I'm actually loving it! O:)

I must say though, even when I hadn't lost the weight I had definitely lost inches, infact more so than in weeks where I'd had a big weight loss. I supposed its all relative and will even out.....im sure once your water tablets kick in you'll have some smashing weight losses!

sararob23

Beyonce said:
No i was only given tablets for sickness x thank you for ur advice means alot x i have been so frightened il be honest x x felt like i had bin living a real nightmare x x yes im so relieved im home x x x il keep posting so u can see my progress x i see my Gp tomorrow x x x x x

Hi beyonce, I felt like utter poo fire about 10 days post op. Not huge pain but the trapped wind was extreamly uncomfortable. Like you I couldn't get anything in, especially water. The peppermint tea is fab, although I wouldn't expect you to get much of that in either. Ice lollies or ice pops were great I could manage a small juice one after about 5 days. Don't get too frustrated with not getting too much in to begin with fluid is important but try to find what suits you. all my fluid in the first weeks came from diluted apple juice and lollies that all of a sudden I felt able to try other things.
Hope you feel better soon x

Gillykit

sararob23 said:
Hiya...long time no speak :)
I havent vanished, just had a lot on and a long weekend away!

Sorry to hear you have had a bit of a stall, and the water retention can't be nice.
my weight loss slowed right down for a week or two, don't think ive recorded my weight for one of them :-! What with my nans passing, the mini hol and a crap time in work I haven't really been as focussed as I should. I was half board on holiday, it was all stodge and extreamly salty. My skin was literally itching when I was coming home, desperate for detox!
I've lost a bit since ive been back and noticing my bodies reaction to eating not such good food has made me more confident that I can make the right choices its been salad and bulgar wheat all week and I'm actually loving it! O:)

I must say though, even when I hadn't lost the weight I had definitely lost inches, infact more so than in weeks where I'd had a big weight loss. I supposed its all relative and will even out.....im sure once your water tablets kick in you'll have some smashing weight losses!

Hello! Glad you're ok - sent you a message on MFP cos not heard from you. Sorry to hear work is crap on top of everything else :(

It's weird isn't it how we start to crave good food! I thought I was craving stodgy yesterday so went to the supermarket and bought some cooked chicken wings and some potato wedges - god knows why I've never bought them before! Got them home, looked at them and binned them in favour of broccoli soup!

Scales have started to move again :) and should hopefully keep moving now I've got some water tablets. I'm off on my hols next weekend so fingers crossed I can find some tasty food. Speak soon x

sararob23

Gillykit said:
Hello! Glad you're ok - sent you a message on MFP cos not heard from you. Sorry to hear work is crap on top of everything else :(

It's weird isn't it how we start to crave good food! I thought I was craving stodgy yesterday so went to the supermarket and bought some cooked chicken wings and some potato wedges - god knows why I've never bought them before! Got them home, looked at them and binned them in favour of broccoli soup!

Scales have started to move again :) and should hopefully keep moving now I've got some water tablets. I'm off on my hols next weekend so fingers crossed I can find some tasty food. Speak soon x

To be fair broccoli soup is lovely....
Hope you have a lovely holiday, and also hope your lucky with the food choices compaired to the ones I had on mine :-!