• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Couch potato to 5K

slimsuz

Well after saying I would start couch 2 5k a month ago, I finally did day 1 tonight, in the freeeeeezing cold! I am so unfit, I only managed to the half way mark with the jogs, and walked faster for the last half! Please tell me you are all improving as it goes on! Have the feeling it may take a few weeks of repeats for me! I can already feel my muscles screaming! Tomorrow will be interesting! Well done ladies you have all inspired me to get off my ass! Keep it up you are doing amazing! Xxx

My thighs were killing for a couple of days after my first "run". Make sure you do some stretches after the cool down part - it really helps. And yes, it really does get easier every time you do it although I still seem to walk faster than I run!

maggy

Hi all! Sorry I've been absent. Been visiting elderly relatives in the country with no mobile signal and no wifi!! I did do a run. Outside in the cold around a football pitch. Sadly no footballers training at the time ;0) But I've also been eating dreadfully - so hard to eat right when the oldies are pushing cakes and biscuits on you. Not looking forward to my scales. :0(

Slim, my legs still ache when I do a bit more running, or increase time or whatever, but it's a good ache. Keep it up Slim! It does get easier. And well done pippa and Sharona for doing 3 mins. That's fab!!! I went back to week 2 on my version of couch to 5k and only up to 2.5 mins thus coming week. Done 10 runs all told and running 6x1.5mins was so easy a couple of days ago I was surprised when the cool down section came. I wanted to do more. Very odd :0) now I'll go to the harder runs again. But as I say, only 2.5 min runs

kurstywursty

In sticking with this threat to motivate me to move my butt lol

I'm hardly even walking at the moment and my swimming has halted too :-(

Sometimes when the food is not good it's hard to motivate yourself to exercise

You guys are going great guns. Well done

Howz the plank challenge going girls?

maggy

Oops. The plank challenge?!? I'd sort of forgotten that with being away. Will try again tonight. I was going to run again today but am still sore from last time so thinking tomorrow looks more likely. It is definitely hard to get motivated sometimes. I wouldn't worry about a dip in exercise level occasionally, Kirsty. Just think how our ancestors did it. Chase a buffalo one day. Chill out and eat it the next. There's nothing to say we have to do things one particular way all the time. Well, that is until I see my dietician tomorrow! Let's see what he makes of my progress. Me thinks it's too slow but we'll see. Hmmmm

kurstywursty

Oops. The plank challenge?!? I'd sort of forgotten that with being away. Will try again tonight. I was going to run again today but am still sore from last time so thinking tomorrow looks more likely. It is definitely hard to get motivated sometimes. I wouldn't worry about a dip in exercise level occasionally, Kirsty. Just think how our ancestors did it. Chase a buffalo one day. Chill out and eat it the next. There's nothing to say we have to do things one particular way all the time. Well, that is until I see my dietician tomorrow! Let's see what he makes of my progress. Me thinks it's too slow but we'll see. Hmmmm

Lol at that xx

I saw the dietician yesterday. She said I need to eat more protein more slowly and to drink more. No surprises there!

maggy

Well for
The fisrt time I actually managed three runs in a week. Mostly by doing two on the weekend! But I did it :0)

Also saw my dietician who gave lovely feedback. Pleased with progress. No complaints about slow loss - everyone is different etc. Even said the regular plateaux are normal. Just as regular loses
Are normal for others. I've decided to be sanguine about the slow rate of my loses and am now only going to weigh once a month. On the first of the month. Planning to start living like
I mean to go on. :0) good food choice - Tho not always perfect - and lots of activity. And not always running ;0)

maggy

Thanks Kursty, this is me pulling myself boots first out of a dark hole. Have thrown away obsession with food. Well, I'm trying to anyway :0)

maggy

Well the boot straps didn't work. This week. I haven't been able to do any running or even walking.

I'm sooooooo very tired. Falling asleep every afternoon and then having to get up at 5/6am
So I can catch up with work again. Bloody nightmare. And my hair is falling out!!!!! My hair has been my best feature. Always. I can't lose that

Not sure what to do at this juncture. :0(

Well the boot straps didn't work. This week. I haven't been able to do any running or even walking. I'm sooooooo very tired. Falling asleep every afternoon and then having to get up at 5/6am So I can catch up with work again. Bloody nightmare. And my hair is falling out!!!!! My hair has been my best feature. Always. I can't lose that Not sure what to do at this juncture. :0(

Hi Maggy! I've been struggling with week 4 of couch potato. Haven't run at all this week and when I did I had to abandon it when my guts turned to water!! And my hair is starting to look thin now too. I've been doing everything I could to preserve it but it seems to no avail. Just as I was feeling happier about my appearance! Am going for a trim as soon as I get paid. See if I can do something with it.

Crystalrainbow

Hi girls hope your hanging in there :) sorry not been around to cheer you along x x x hope the hair problems resolve themselves soon..... i believe its only temporary so hang in there x x x xx

slimsuz

I'm with you all on the hair loss! I have lost a load! Feels so thin compared to before :-(. I also put my back out during a run and have been in agony for 8 days, I had to gig last night and almost cried half way through a song because of the pain...today I was told that I have an acute prolapsed disc and need to rest it, looks like it may take a while to heal! No more running for me, will have to find something a little more gentle..... Boooo! :-( wishing you all the very best, if anyone finds a miracle cure to stop this hair loss let me know! Hats off to you wonderful ladies, that running shizzle is h a r d!!!

maggy

So sorry to hear about your back slimsuz!!! That's awful. Take it easy. Xx And pippa, I haven't run this week either. I think sometimes it's ok to sit it out for a bit. I'm still excruciatingly fatigued. My bloods all came back fine so no explanation there. Dietician recommended zinc and magnesium so I'll try that and I've found a supplement that people with chronic fatigue use - D Ribose. Apparently it takes a few days to work. Been taking it now for three days. I feel some benefit after taking it but nothing long term yet. I wish I felt normal!! But despite that I signed up for a 10k at the end of May with my son and daughter in law. How dumb is that?!? Lol. But I figure even if I run a bit I can manage the rest walking. And I need a motivator to get me out there!!!!!

maggy

Oh and hair still falling out :0(
And weight loss is at a stall but I'm ok with that - at least I'm not heading in the wrong direction! Good news on weight front is that I fitted into a pair of size 14 jeans this week!!!!!!!!!! Haven't been able to do that for decades :0)