• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Countdown to Balloon Launch

Well done cb4, but just a word of caution, they give you anti nausea meds in the hospital. Hang in there tomorrow. Really wish you an easy time of it. Keep focused on the goal and long may the good feelings last.

"RoseMcnose

I had a half cup of peppermint tea and got sick, think co I bent down to fix a toy belonging to one of the kids!!!!! A while later I had half a pot of yogurt and got sick again!!!!! Just been asleep. Not sure weather I should try a cuppa now or not lol!!!!!

Get into your bed and sleep. Tomorrow's could be worse. Keep positive and keep going. It does get better (says she who has just been to eddie rockets):eek:

Make sure you keep sipping water. Keep your self hydrated.

Very very small sips wait couple of mins then another sip ... Don't rush it.
I made the mistake of bending over to get washing out the machine last night and (TMI WARNING) was involuntarily sick over the dirty stuff that was waiting to go in!!
Go easy girl xx

Only you know that one but personally I would say it's a bit soon. I just sipped water the first night.

Got to go with rose on this. Only you can say what your body can handle.My first day was a haze and very little fluid intake I was just wanting to sleep. Yesterday I only managed a small jelly and NAS juice as I can't drink plain water. Today the same with a cuppa soup and peppermint tea. I feel a lot better but my appetite is non existent at the mo. Hubby has mixed up some sugar free angel delight for later although he will have the lions share lol xx

Nope can't even keep down a sip of water!!!

Thanks for the help :)
Back in bed with a book
Lets hope tomorrows easier :)

It will be hun... Go to bed sleep and all will be a little better tomorrow.NN xx

Even though you can't hold it down, keep taking those tiny sips. Tiny amounts, enough to wet the surface of your mouth. You must keep your fluids up or you will get very ill very quickly. Take care of yourself.

Edited to say, I slept for the first day and night, threw up for the second day, thought I was dying and regretted getting it done. Felt a little better on Monday, had some jelly but could not hold it down, postponed ferry home and by Tuesday was on the mend.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the encouragement

Don't know what I would do with out yous :)
Positive thinking :)
Just going to stick to sips of water!!!
Didn't realise how small a sip could be!!!
I'm used to downing a pint in a minute lol

Yea kinda thinking did I do the right think!!!!
But I won't be thinking like that this time next week :)

Hang onto that thought cb4, tomorrow could be very rough. Thinking of you. Get to your bed with a bottle of water and hug those pillows.

Yep you will be CB. I did tell you that you would be questioning yourself as to why you have got this done but honestly I do feel better now and for me that thought has now gone as are the constant cramping windy pains. It does ease but you got to play ball. Don't over do it as I said tiny tiny sips (its best to use a straw). Rest as Rose said. Tomorrow you probably won't want to get out of bed.. I lay in till 5pm and was back there at 8pm my mood was irritable to say the least so warn hubby to lay low lol. Now try get some sleep... It's a great healer ;) xx

Day 3.....Terrible night. I have the startings of whatever hubby has :(. I have also been a little scared to try my CPAP so since I can't sleep without it it was about time I got over the fear... 3 hours in I woke up in agony, stomach distended with what I thought was air that I had maybe swallowed through the night. I was aware too that my nose was streaming and that it was burning for a sneeze. TMI WARNING... I had to get up and try and get this moved somehow. I knew I was going to be noisy so toddled to the bathroom with nose dripping and sneezing painfully. I did the usual bend over sideways backwards front wards it took about half an hour before it broke. Having lots of tissue in my hand in readiness for any outpourings I gave a loud burp and as expected I was sick but I wasn't expecting the amount so you can gather what I tried to catch basically landed on the bathroom floor! Glut horrible clear foamy slidey glut & a lot of it! The consistency of egg white and it was just as impossible to clean up too :eek:. I had obviously been swallowing my runny nose product and i dont think the balloon liked it one bit..Yuck. The one thing I never thought of was how the balloon was going to behave alongside the CPAP. I don't fancy going through that every night for six months. It was truly painful. I didn't put it back on so once again another half slept night :(

Finally got up at 9.30 but stomach still painful. Wait a minute ... Considering what little i have eaten since Wednesday night could this be real hunger pangs I am suffering? :eek:. Ok so I made myself an oats so simple porridge as per instructions but only ate about half as I could feel the pain altering slightly .. There is very little dif between hunger pangs and the too full pang when you have the balloon .. At least I think so:rolleyes:. Mistake number 1 and one I will not repeat again. Although I only had half the serving it just sat there in my tummy and the only thing I could do was to slowly sip sip sip the cups of tea hubby provided me. It took 4 hours to shift the stodge. So a lesson well learnt there. Next time I will use a half sachet to the full amount of semi skimmed so that it is more gruel like. You live and learn :p
Not weighed myself yet might do that tomorrow:)

Just wanted to say Big hugs to you CB as I have no doubt that you are feeling ver rough today so will catch up with you when you feel better xx

OMG!!!!!!

This has been torchure!!!!!
I've been starving!!!! Been sipping water all day and last night. But haven't been sick since thank god!!! But it's painful all the cramps!
Much better than yesterday, just having a bit of jelly now, but taking it easy
Afraid to have a cuppa incase it makes me hungrier lol
My daughters starting in a new school in the morning so fingers crossed it will be easier by then :)

Awwww hun it does get better. I can't manage a full cuppa. I get halfway down and by the time I do it's stone cold! Thats how slowly I am sipping it ;). I don't think that will be any different over the next 6 months either so the days when you could gulp down a pint in seconds are no longer I'm afraid. So same rule ..little sips and hang in there xx

Well it's day three!!! Feeling tired, even after all that rest!!!!
Any movement is making me sea sick!!
But I am feeling a bit better :)
How about yous?

Back