• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Countdown to Balloon Launch

Hey cb4, good to hear you are improving. You are doing great. It was Wednesday before I really ate anything. Have a yogurt or something like that if you feel up to it. Have Auralia been in touch? Have they supplied you with meds?

Well it's day three!!! Feeling tired, even after all that rest!!!!
Any movement is making me sea sick!!
But I am feeling a bit better :)
How about yous?

Good to hear you are getting over the worst part... Had to laugh at the sea sick part because I do get that feeling too especially walking down the stairs. I take one step at a time and I can literally feel the balloon swishing with the motion. It's quite a weird feeling.
I had a better nights sleep not perfect but definitely better. Similar experience to the previous night woke up 2am choking on glut :rolleyes: which I didn't want to ingest so had to get up to spit it out rinse mouth etcetera. Not so bloated this time with swallowed air from my CPAP which was a relief. My dearly beloved hubby raised the top end of the bed for me last night, i didn't even ask him to do so, but he thought that it would help me bless him.. i am so lucky to have him:). It did help too:) Finally got back to sleep at 3 but woke again at 4 with my tongue literally glued to the roof of my mouth which was so dry but glutty .. I can't explain it properly. This is not a new problem and its one i just associated with using the CPAP. Now I'm not so sure and think I need to go to the docs to get it checked out:rolleyes:. To be honest I should have went months and months ago but it is only because where I could cope with the glut before I simply can't now :(. My stomach with the balloon just does not like it at all. Anyhoo that's something else that I will just have to contend with hey ho.
Today though I feel better the cramps have all but stopped.. Just an occasional wince usually when wind has got trapped. One thing I have become quite good at lately is that I can belch as good as any guy now. So lady like ..not :eek:
Going to weigh myself and then go make myself scrambled egg for brekkie.

Hey cb4, good to hear you are improving. You are doing great. It was Wednesday before I really ate anything. Have a yogurt or something like that if you feel up to it. Have Auralia been in touch? Have they supplied you with meds?

I normally take Oomperazole but BMI Ross Hall have now prescribed a weeks supply of Lansoprazole fast tabs that dissolve on the tongue. I will have to phone them and find out if I have to continue with them or just go back to my original.
Jury is still out on how they taste lol

6lbs down... Not a great loss considering that since Wednesday I have eaten practically nothing and having added up what I have eaten over these past 4 days only amounts to 400 cal.. Half of which was the stodgy porridge lol ... Can I take off a couple of pounds for the weight of the liquid ballon inside me? :rotflmao: only joking hehe
Anyhoo in putting in my new weight i noticed that since starting this WLS journey my BMI has dropped a whopping 10!!!! So all n all it's a good day :).. Just another 7 to go to reach bypass target.
Okay promised hubby that I would eat properly today so off for that scrambled egg now. X

I am on 2 lansoprazole one in the morning and one at night so have no issues with acid.

Are you eating like normal now femfrankie?

Last edited:
That's six pounds in four days femfrankie!!!! Give yourself a break !!!!! That's brilliant!!!!

Just keep going. My weight loss is about 2 lbs a week. It's all going in the right direction.

I am on 2 lansoprazole one in the morning and one at night so have no issues with acid.

Are you eating like normal now femfrankie?

Same here with the lansoprazole twice a day :)

No not yet. After the porridge incident yesterday I couldn't face anything else really except a really really small jelly and later on the same amount of NAS angel delight. Constantly sipping NAS Juice and the occasional half cup of tea ... Takes me about 40mins to drink it though :rolleyes:.
I can't believe how little it takes before I feel full. I made scrambled egg (one egg) with a little sprinkle of low fat cheese. I contemplated adding half slice of toast in there but thank goodness I didn't. I couldn't eat it all as it was way too much. Going to give it a couple of hours and have some low fat fromfrais for lunch and try my homemade soup for dinner. I have no inclination to eat though so I don't know if am going about it the right way .. Should I wait till I feel like eating or should i make myself eat? Did you go through the same Rose?

Thanks too for reminding that 6lbs is a really great loss over 4 days... You are right :) xx

Hi ya :)

Well done femfrankie!!!! 6lb is huge. But u may also be retaining water. You are going for a bypass? Will they do it as soon as u have lost enough weight? Or will u have the balloon in for 6 months?
I got about 750ml of water in yesterday. No where near what I'm used to. This non eating thing is a killer, the tap water tastes crap lol
Deffo will be loosing weight! My 2yr old keeps looking for what ever I eat or drink lol
Had a few sips of a protein shake earlier. Now I'm having jelly.
Still not sure if I done the right thing!!!!
But I have improved :)

No I haven't heard from auralia yet!

I got an anti sickness tablet to take twice a day and buscopan to take three times a day.

Yes CB I am heading for a gastric bypass but because my health is not fantastic docs are insisting that I have to get my BMI down to at least 50 before they wil do it. I next see Mr Stuart in 3 months ... I'm hoping to have achieved that goal by then. Then the powers that be will decide for funding for the bypass.. I have been told not to worry about that bit but there is always that niggle of doubt over these things. I was told that they would not leave me without the balloon so I take it removal and bypass will be done at the same time .. But I'm not 100% sure that is whats going to happen. So fingers crossed it will be before the 6 months is up. Before all this started to take off we booked a cruise for October. So hopefully by July I will be on the bypassers bench with at least 2 month healing time by me before we sail :)

I just took it easy. I think I had quite an easy time of it. I did not eat any bread or cheese or anything over 3% fat. And still don't. I try and keep to a pattern as I find the cravings and hunger pangs get very uncomfortable if I allow myself get too hungry. A typical day for me would be small bowl of porridge, half a tea. Small soup for lunch, yogurt the afternoon,dinner would be mainly protein, chicken mainly or very lean beef. Steamed veg.no potatoes or bread at all. I have sweet potatoes with a roast etc. I try to drink at least a litre of water in addition to any drinks meal times or cups of tea. Tea is with splash of skimmed milk. I cook everything from scratch. I don't buy supermarket meat.

Not sure if that helps. I find it nearly impossible to loose weight and its certainly slow.

I just took it easy. I think I had quite an easy time of it. I did not eat any bread or cheese or anything over 3% fat. And still don't. I try and keep to a pattern as I find the cravings and hunger pangs get very uncomfortable if I allow myself get too hungry. A typical day for me would be small bowl of porridge, half a tea. Small soup for lunch, yogurt the afternoon,dinner would be mainly protein, chicken mainly or very lean beef. Steamed veg.no potatoes or bread at all. I have sweet potatoes with a roast etc. I try to drink at least a litre of water in addition to any drinks meal times or cups of tea. Tea is with splash of skimmed milk. I cook everything from scratch. I don't buy supermarket meat.

Not sure if that helps. I find it nearly impossible to loose weight and its certainly slow.

It does Rose thanks. Cheese is my chocolate and that little tsp sprinkling of the stuff (low fat btw) this morning has plagued me all day with nausea stomach cramps etc Had 2 tbs of low fat Creme Fraiche for lunch and have struggled with that too :(. I think dinner wont be that homemade soup I planned to have but a packet of cardboard cuppa soup instead :(... Ah well early days yet xx

Think I need a peice removed out of my brain to stop me thinking about food!!!!
God femfrankie that's a lot to think about!!!!
I was a size 24, 2years ago. Lost 5 stone myself by making small changes. I'm a 16 now and want to get down to a 14 by my holidays in April :)
I know high hopes!!!!
I can't wait to get to the gym and work it off :)

I am the classic yoyo dieter. Born with a weight problem I gained a stone for every birth year that I was. At 14 I was 14stone... Lost weight not properly I have to say but got down to 9half stone...at 18 after my son was born my weight rose to 15st.... When pregnant again I lost 5 stone then regained it all after my second son was born... I fell pregnant with my daughter and 6stone fell off me. After she was born my weight rose to 17st by this time I was in my 30s. ...at the age of 35 my weight was 19stone so on another diet I went... Got down to 14stone then I had to have an unplanned hysterectomy. After the op my weight rose to 20stone and stayed that way till I was 42 and again my health went d**dy up and with forced retirement and activity levels plummeting my weight rose to 27s+ ... A lot of steroids are in the mix also but healthy eating was in my hands at the end of the day so I could have made healthy choices but I didn't hey ho... Hindsight is a great thing lol
Anyhow up shot is with every failed diet came another stone plus extra in regain weight. I would always stay at that weight until the next diet failure like I said a typical yoyo dieter.
So CB the bypass is the only thing for me to break that will cycle xx

That's a fair bit of up and down isn't it!!!

Well if we stay positive we will reach our goals!!!
Mine is in for six months. Going on a cruise in August too :) a Disney cruise so I should be kept busy running around with the kids :)

I'm only fit for sitting today!!! Cramps are like labour pains!!! Coming and going and hart burn too.

getting the hang of this thing

Rose,

You and I got our balloons around the same time, so I have a question for you. Are you finding that your appetite is getting bigger? Actually, not your appetite. Are you able to eat larger amounts? That's a better way to put it.
I am able to eat more now than before, but I'm also finding that I'm losing weight a little more consistently now as well. 2 pounds this past week. Maybe I was starving myself before and my body was holding to my weight. Who knows!
Anyway, just curious if your eating is different now that you've had the balloon for a few weeks.

That's a fair bit of up and down isn't it!!!

Well if we stay positive we will reach our goals!!!
Mine is in for six months. Going on a cruise in August too :) a Disney cruise so I should be kept busy running around with the kids :)

I'm only fit for sitting today!!! Cramps are like labour pains!!! Coming and going and hart burn too.

Lucky you!! We are wanting to do that when our granddaughter reaches the age of sixish which is a long way off yet.
Lmao at the labour cramps because that's exactly how I described it to my hubby!

Well I tried to keep the two spoons of Creme Fraiche down... but sorry to say that after nearly 3 hours I failed...should that not have flowed through by then? Now sitting with a soothing cup of coffee which is the only thing today I have had the pleasure ingesting. X

Poor u femfrankie.

I haven't been sick since Saturday. Thank god.
But I am taking it fairly easy.
I'm intelorant to dairy! So none of that for me :)
I'm looking forward to having some real food!!!

Femfrankie I would stay clear of so much dairy. Veggie wise keep it to veggies that grow above ground. Creme fraiche is very high in fat, even the lower fat kind. It's one of those labelling tricks. I always go by percentages.

I can eat a bit more but to be honest, apart from that first week, I have no sickness, no side effects.

Femfrankie I would stay clear of so much dairy. Veggie wise keep it to veggies that grow above ground. Creme fraiche is very high in fat, even the lower fat kind. It's one of those labelling tricks. I always go by percentages.

I can eat a bit more but to be honest, apart from that first week, I have no sickness, no side effects.

The Creme Fraiche for the amount i had was 2g so not too bad I personally blame the egg but also the amount of NAS juice I am drinking... Can't stand plain water which on its own makes me nauseous at any time and I can no longer have my favourite which is soda water :(. I'm not used to drinking so much either which I don't think is helping.. I used to be able to get by with as little as a litre of liquid through the day.. A habit I changed might I add when I started this healthy eating lark lol. I need to cut down on the amount of acidic juice and stick to my cuppas. I was warned by dietician to avoid them & now I know why:p.... And serves me right for not heading her warning as hubby has kept reminding me by pointing to the tap ...yuck. Since cutting down the juice I have felt so much better but for now egg is also blacklisted.
Rose I haven't even got as far as vegetables potatoes bread or meat for that matter. I'm just not hungry. Unlike CB it's not screaming at me not even a whimper:confused:. My fitness pal is though by telling me I am no where near my calorific values for optimum weight-loss and nutrition... Duh you don't say lol

Back