• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Counting down to surgery

Change4life

This is my first post. I am on the fabulous soup and jelly diet. Wow it tests your willpower. Day 9 and I am pleased to say I have not broken it once. That in itself shows me I have made the right decision for me. My op is on Tuesday and I am at the stage where I just want it done now. I am having the gastric bypass. I know it's not an easy option and this is just the start but I really can't wait and whatever is thrown at me after surgery I intend to take it one day at a time, live in the moment, and tackle things if, as and when they happen. Roll on Tuesday and watch out for the new me!!

Thank you! Actually really looking forward to the post op diet. Anything has to be an improvement on soup and jelly!

Well done so far! Sounds like you're on the right path hon.

Thank you Yvessa. I have to say it has taken me many years to see the light however the lights are firmly on now and hopefully will be for many more years to come now I am taking the plunge!

Welcome to the forum and good luck for Tuesday x

Just wanted to say Hi, I'm also having the bypass on Tuesday, and like you, I am really looking forward to the post op diet lol.

Thank you Lincs Lass. It is good to know there is support from like minded people.

Jamast. Good luck with your surgery too! Will think about you! My pre-op has been sooooo strict I am in awe of some of the other pre-op diets. They sound like banquets compared with mine!!

hi welcome and good luck for tuesday

Jamast. Good luck with your surgery too! Will think about you! My pre-op has been sooooo strict I am in awe of some of the other pre-op diets. They sound like banquets compared with mine!!

Good luck to you too. My preop is yoghurt, yoghurt and more yoghurt lol. I was also allowed one sugar free jelly and a mug of boullion - but gave those two up days ago. I know some have had calorie controlled preop diets, but to be honest, I'm better being very restricted. I can follow a restricted diet much better and easier than being allowed to count calories.

Fantastic positive start hunni :) welcome to a fabby site wishing you all the very best for tuesda and onwards to your new life x x x x

Hi Princess and Crystal. Thank you for your messages. I am so pleased I found this site. So many positive vibes it's really encouraging.

there are so many fab people on here the support is amazing glad you found it

Back