• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm counting down to the new 'sleeved' me!!

I went to see the dietician on Friday, the idea was to discuss any concerns i had and talk through the post op diet. She kept asking me what my motivation was, which I understand but she didn't seem to impressed with my responses!!

I was trying to explain that i have found it really hard in the past to diet, I've tried every one going and just haven't got any will power. She seemed concerned about this and was questioning how I will cope after surgery.

I totally accept that they need to explore motivation as lets face it this isn't a miracle cure but it does help you greatly by making it impossible for you to have the old eating habits. I know that my portion sizes will be drastically reduced and then there's the old dumping if you push it with high fat or sugar.

Anyway, i just felt a bit fed up when I came out of there. She made me question myself and wonder if i'm doing the right thing!

Only 4 weeks to go until I start the LSD (i'm doing 3 weeks instead of 2) and the procedure is booked for the 7th July.

Eeeeek!!!

I can tell i've put weight on since I got the date which i'm really cross with myself about. I feel vile. A man in the checkout in Asda asked me when the 'happy event' is on Saturday. I must say I felt more sorry for him than myself at the time because he was mortified when I joked that it's a food belly not a baby belly, but ever since I feel like locking myself away.

I'm sure all these emotions are normal, I hope they are anyway!!

Thanks Fento!!

I agree, this sure is amazing for support, advice and information. I would think I would be more nervous had I not have read everyone's experiences on here. I had a massive clear out of clothes today, things that I know I just plain won't wear either because they will be too big or just because I've been trying to slim into them and I didn't even like it anyway!!

I did keep some nice smaller clothes to see what I will actually fit back into :) can't wait!!!

All the best to you too, will be keeping a wee eye out for you to see how you are :) xx

How are you getting on Banana? xx

They are all normal reactions your hormones etc will be all over one minute you will be so excited the next crying am I doing the right thing just do what is best for you

Thanks Fento!!

I agree, this sure is amazing for support, advice and information. I would think I would be more nervous had I not have read everyone's experiences on here. I had a massive clear out of clothes today, things that I know I just plain won't wear either because they will be too big or just because I've been trying to slim into them and I didn't even like it anyway!!

I did keep some nice smaller clothes to see what I will actually fit back into :) can't wait!!!

All the best to you too, will be keeping a wee eye out for you to see how you are :) xx

They are all normal reactions your hormones etc will be all over one minute you will be so excited the next crying am I doing the right thing just do what is best for you

Yes i guess so. It's all I think about...all I do is day dream about it and what i'll look like!! xx

Try not to over think things or you might end up talking your self into something you regret I know someone who did that and decided not to go ahead 3 years later the weight got too much and they got turned down as they missed first chance they then had to lose weight themselves or pay private thst wasnt an option for them

Hey Fento!!

Awww please don't let them get you down, they could have just been having an off day themselves and unfortunately it rubbed off during your appointment :( my appointment was something similar, like they were questioning everything I said or had long silences to make me question what I had just said!!

I'm doing great asides from some lovely bathroom moments due to the liquid diet :p

Stitches out today and the nurse who took them out was lovely, said "go you!! Well done" to me. That felt really good :)

Don't let that person get to you or get in the way of you achieving those dreams!!!! *hugs* xx

Maybe it's a little test to see how determined you are lol!!

Makes me feel better to vent on here and your all right, I'm not going to let it talk myself out of this!

Roll on the 7th July...xx

That's the attitude!! :) :)

Sometimes little bumps happen to show us how much we want something. Keep smiling hun xx

Sounds like the dietician thinks she's a bit of a psychiatrist. Take what she said with a pinch of salt. Have you seen the shrink already?

Sounds like the dietician thinks she's a bit of a psychiatrist. Take what she said with a pinch of salt. Have you seen the shrink already?

Hiya Dave...no not seen the shrink. They got us to complete a massive questionnaire and they decide from that if they want us to have an appointment with them!! I must be fairly 'normal' ha ha xx

That's the attitude!! :) :)

Sometimes little bumps happen to show us how much we want something. Keep smiling hun xx

I'm smiling...just been thinking about going to alton towers with my son. He's 12 and has never been, I've always avoided it because I don't think I would have fitted in the rides!!! All this is for him. I need to be healthy for him!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. How are you feeling? Up and about? Xx

Hiya Dave...no not seen the shrink. They got us to complete a massive questionnaire and they decide from that if they want us to have an appointment with them!! I must be fairly 'normal' ha ha xx

In that case - sounds like nowt to worry about!

Best of luck with your journey to a new you I'm sure you will be fine I had my pre op the other day and can't wait for the phone call to tell me when the op will be just had to jump through some necessary hoops to get here like the shrink etc but you will do fine ;)

Best of luck with your journey to a new you I'm sure you will be fine I had my pre op the other day and can't wait for the phone call to tell me when the op will be just had to jump through some necessary hoops to get here like the shrink etc but you will do fine ;)

Oh exciting, are you having a sleeve?

Ooh I've been and got a cute little bag for hospital. So far it's got slippers, deflatine, peppermint tea, calpol, arnica tablets and aloe gel in it. Got to get some nice big knickers and a couple of nighties yet too lol.

Feeling back in the zone...Yay!

Walking pharmacy there and probably wont need in hospital I just took dry mouth spray with me and my normal meds did get peppermint tea for home and never needed it though

Walking pharmacy there and probably wont need in hospital I just took dry mouth spray with me and my normal meds did get peppermint tea for home and never needed it though

Oh yes I've got the spray too lol...and a mouthwash. Not sure I'll use that but will take it anyway. :)

Back