• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm counting down to the new 'sleeved' me!!

fento01

Hello everyone...I've been on here for a few weeks now reading all your brilliant posts. I've been given a date for my sleeve ( 7.7.14 ) so thought I'd introduce myself! I went to see the consultant back in January and he suggested the sleeve but wanted me to have a CT scan because of some surgery I had to have a few years ago. I had a tumour in my bowel so had most of the right side of my bowel removed. The docs now said that the scan shows no problem but that he will do an endoscopy on the day to check there arnt too many legions in my abdomen. I'm hoping it'll be fine and he'll go ahead. The op will be done in Shrewsbury.

I've gone through feeling nervous and now just feel so excited. I've read loads and think I know pretty much what to expect. I stumbled on this site by accident and am so glad I did. So helpful and supportive. I look forward to reading more about all of your inspiring journeys!!

Kate xx

Hi Kate and good luck :)

Hopefully time will just zip by :) welcome to the forum have a nice sleeve :)

Where in S Wales are you Rob? I'm a Valleys girl :)

I had a bypass late November last year, 6st down :)

hi welcome and good luck and rob butter i just love me some south wales

Good luck with your journey Fento, I am due to be sleeved next week! nerves are kicking in now!

It was beautifully sunny where I am yesterday and I could think about was how next summer I will be able to wear lovely pretty summer clothes. How exciting!! I seem to be having lots of 'last suppers' at the moment which I know I must stop but it's hard. Does anyone else have this proble? I'm going to start the liver shrinkage 1 week early so will do 3 in total. It's 9 weeks on Monday until the day. It can't come quick enough!!

Hi Fento,

I was totally the same. Had my last-last supper on Thursday just past and hit the ground running on the LSD yesterday morning. I thought it would be tough and perhaps I will find it hard over the next 2 and a half weeks until surgery day. I believe what is really keeping me going is just the fact that I know the outcome of this all will be a million times better than I'm hoping for.

I was dreading future summers too, keeping myself covered and sweltering away. But I'm thinking exactly the same as you today!! The future is certainly a lot brighter :)

All the best with your surgery, keep us updated :) xx

I don't know about you but I've tried most diets going, one of which was the Cambridge diet. I did sole source (just shakes no food) and managed 6 weeks until I caved in. I'm confident that that has put in in good stead for the LSD.

Good luck to you for 2 1/2 weeks time then lovely. It's so exciting for us. I'm so grateful I found this site. I've read and read and read and now feel fully equipped for what lies ahead!

Let me know how it goes...I certainly will keep posting. I think it's the key in the early days. Positive motivation! ;) xx

Thanks Fento!!

I agree, this sure is amazing for support, advice and information. I would think I would be more nervous had I not have read everyone's experiences on here. I had a massive clear out of clothes today, things that I know I just plain won't wear either because they will be too big or just because I've been trying to slim into them and I didn't even like it anyway!!

I did keep some nice smaller clothes to see what I will actually fit back into :) can't wait!!!

All the best to you too, will be keeping a wee eye out for you to see how you are :) xx

I'm planning on throwing out all my Winter clothes this afternoon (well take to charity). If he was to say I couldn't have the op on the day, I still need to get a grip and loose this weight so I'll not need them again.

I wish you the very best of luck Kate. I'm 1 week post-op today and know it's the best decision I ever made.

David...x

Lovely to hear that your so positive 1 week post op David. I take it you've found it smooth sailing then? I look forward to hearing how you get on. X

Lovely to hear that your so positive 1 week post op David. I take it you've found it smooth sailing then? I look forward to hearing how you get on. X

It's not been bad at all - I had very little pain at all, in fact, today is the first day I've had pain, and it's not internal, it's at the site of one of the 5 wounds on my abdomen. I'm seeing the nurse tomorrow morning to get it sorted.

I'm still on a liquids-only diet until Sunday, when I start on puréed foods.

It really hasn't been 'bad' though - I can already sleep on my side and my stomach and I'm driving again too. Tomorrow I'm going to ride my motorbike to the Doctors.

I guess if your surgeon is good and the immediate aftercare is good, then you're more likely to have an easier journey. Remembering of course that we're all individuals and our bodies react to trauma and heal differently.

You'll be fine, all the best! x

Back