• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm counting down to the new 'sleeved' me!!

Toothbrush, toothpaste, iPhone charger, iPad, pants, shorts, t-shirts. I figured the hospital could provide everything else. And they did.

It's sooo much easier for fellas...!

All the medical stuff - hospital provides. You'll only need it when you're home.

mines was meds spray smellies slippers nighties dressing gown phone charger kindle towels but they wasnt used hospital supplied them and toiletries

Morning all...

Well it's 6 weeks today until I find myself on the ward waiting. I might even already be in theatre by now. God its coming around so quickly now. I'm well and truly in excited mode rather than nervous.

I've been getting rid of loads of clothes which has felt great. Streamlining my wardrobe and now have lots of clothes waiting to to worn. Mainly things I've bought but they didn't fit so it will be nice to finally wear them.

Been having some funny comments from my other half. He keeps saying "oh you'll probably go off with someone else when you loose all this weight". It's either comments like that or to do with sexuals (I'm totally off it at the mo, just feel like a bouncy castle).

It's making me really question our relationship. It's not the best at the best of times but he's just not seeing the bigger picture for me. It's a huge emotional roller coaster isn't it. being able to get me ankles round the back of my head is the last thing on my mind!!! My health is the main priority for me. Obviously all the other things matter hugely too but that's my main 'thing'. I want to be around to see my boy have a family of his own etc. He is my motivation.

Anyway, we shall see...3 weeks until the LSD. I'm looking forward to it. Feeling so full and bloated at the mo.

How are you all doing? Xxx

11 days until I start the LSD now. Really looking forward to it. I feel a bit of out control at the moment like I'm eating anything and everything!

Been looking on line at beautiful clothes!! It's occured to me that I might quite like to wear heels again! Loving the thought of that.

Mad busy at work at the moment trying to get everything sorted for when I go off. Glad really because the time is just flying by. Next 2 weeks and the bulk will be finished so then I'll be turning my attention to home. I want to get everywhere spic and span. Cook loads of stuff so the men folk don't starve to death (if I left it to them they would just eat custard creams). And generally just pamper myself so I feel as nice as possible when the chips are other wise down. Not that I'm being a misery but I am expecting to feel pretty shitty maybe for a week or so afterwards.

Things are good...I am so grateful that I'm being given this amazing chance at a second chance at life. That really is how it feels!!!

Fantastic Fento!!

The time will fly be and your date will be here before you know it :) will be keeping an eye out for your updates :) I'll have been sleeved a month tomorrow xxx

Fantastic Fento!!

The time will fly be and your date will be here before you know it :) will be keeping an eye out for your updates :) I'll have been sleeved a month tomorrow xxx

So how are you doing? Feeling fine?? How much have you lost? God I can't wait!! Xx

Feeling great Fento :)

Was a little tired last week but nothing a wee Sunday nap couldn't cure! Back to work and sometimes I have to remind myself I'd anything done at all :p

I've lost 18kgs so far which is great, but it has slowed for now xx

I know what you mean about feeling out of control. The days before I started my LSD were a bit nuts - in the 2 days before I started, I had McDonalds (twice), fish and chips, cake, a kebab and chips, a curry....I think psychologically I was just saying goodbye to the stuff I love and the stuff that made me morbidly obese anyway.

When I started the LSD, I was super-strict on it, everything that passed my lips was weighed or measured, everything was logged.

I took the kids to McDonalds last Saturday for a little treat - I ate the burger out of a hamburger. No cheese, no bun, just the meat patty, the onions on top and a little mustard and ketchup. I managed about 3/4 and I was done. It was surprising - I used to love Maccy-D's....

Wishing you the vey best Fento. xx

Think we all have times like that my big thing was sweet n sour and bread pudding I just had to have them before I did the pre op not bothered me since

Well tomorrow's the day I begin my LSD. Am going for the yoghurt and slim fast option.

I did have a treat today, went for lunch and god I enjoyed it! Plus as I type I've enjoying a glass of wine and some of my favourite pretzels.

The time is flying by now...all I feel at the moment is total excitement.

Bring it on!!!

Well tomorrow's the day I begin my LSD. Am going for the yoghurt and slim fast option. I did have a treat today, went for lunch and god I enjoyed it! Plus as I type I've enjoying a glass of wine and some of my favourite pretzels. The time is flying by now...all I feel at the moment is total excitement. Bring it on!!!

Wishing you the very best of luck fento! xx

Day one almost over (off to bed early so I can't dwell on it).

I felt ravenous this morning! But that soon went away with a couple of mugs of green tea. I've had:

2 slim fast shakes
2 muller light
1 x can weight watchers carrot and lentil soup.

Just enjoying a Pepsi max.

Really weird cooking the families tea tonight. I couldn't help but feel a bit fed up when I plated up their yummy looking food but that's the fat bird in me!

So day 1 done. 21 days to go :) xx

Oh my! I've just realised that I've not weighed myself what a plonker!!!

Will do measurements later too so I can record it all.
:)

Oh my! I've just realised that I've not weighed myself what a plonker!!! Will do measurements later too so I can record it all. :)

Yes, weights and measures are important now, so you have your "starting" weight. Today (or tomorrow morning!) is the starting weight at the beginning of your process.

Wishing you all the best, watch your fluid intake - I inadvertently became somewhat dehydrated during my LSD. Then you get a blinding headache.

Good luck! xx

Well day 4 done. Just watching the match with the men folk!

Boy was I tested earlier whilst cooking tea! I got home at 7.00 pm from a very hectic day. Nothing had been sorted for tea so I got on with it. Did them pasta and grilled some smoked bacon to chuck in. Oh my! The smell of bacon almost killed me. So proud of myself not nibbling on a bit. I stuck to my carrot and lentil soup (which is lovely).

Yesterday was naff. I'm really at bustle at work just now trying to get everything sorted for when I go off 2 weeks today. I had a banging headache and really recognised how my old habits would creep in. I kept finding my mind wondering to what I could snack on. But stayed focused despite the horrible headache I had.

Today however has been loads better. I feel full of beans and so less bloated.

My weight on Wednesday morning was 23st 1/2 lb. I am a plonker not weighing on my first day but still. I'm going to do my measurements at the weekend.

I'm finding my little 'food' routine fine. Today I had a slim fast shake for breakfast and lunch, loads of fluids and carrot sticks to munch on. And tonight as I say the soup. Don't feel hungry at all.

Marvellous!

Anyway only 17 sleeps until I find myself in hospital getting ready. So bloody excited!!!!

Yes I'm doing grand thank you! How are you getting on? X

Not bad thanks. Had some issues with stalling and constipation, but my daily weighing regime (to keep an eye on the stalling) and some Dulcolax has helped.

I've now lost 70lbs, so almost 5 stone gone in less than 3 months. I'd love to hit the 5 stone mark by 2nd July; that'd be amazing!!

Wishing you all the very best hun, I'm really glad you're doing okay.

D..xx

Back