• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Crispy stage!!!

funkybull

Just a quick question, when did you all start on the crispy stage, I am 3 weeks post op on Tuesday and will have been eating puréed for 2 weeks, I feel like I could eat "proper" food, my guidelines say from week 5

Crispy? Normal food for me was week 6. Don't rush your stages you're still healing.

Crispy is what my literature calls it! Not sure why coz the only crispy thing on there is cracker breads and crispy toast!!

And that's not even crispy once you've chewed it!

From 4 weeks I was allowed mushy food with some crackers that had soft things like low fat pate on them. These had to be chewed very well until they were mush. You must follow your providers recommendation so when they say you can move on to the next stage you can, don't worry it's not too long to go now and you will be glad you waited because if you rush it you will feel it physically x

Last edited:
Love it - crispy! usually describes my attempts at cooking!
I did 4 weeks liquid, 4 weeks puree then solids.

Hi funkybull, i had my surgery on the 27th of Nov 2012, my surgeon was also Dr Halstead, were u at BRI or the Yorkshire Clinic? i tried to follow the booklet given by the dietician but when it came time to go on the crispy stage after 4 weeks i couldn't manage it....tried scrambled egg n toast for breakfast and was sick for around 7 hours, all that was coming out was phlem (mucus).....on my 8th week now and can have a jacobs cream cracker with low fat soft cheese....but thats all i can manage....

How are you getting on?

I was a Nuffield hospital in Leeds. I must say its been awful the diet sheet I got said I should be eating normally by week 5, I went to see a bradford dietician on Tuesday and she couldn't believe it, said that I had moved through the stages too quickly so back on soft and crispy but I hardly eat ought, I can go days without eating, I think some of its down to being scared of being sick and getting that uncomfortable feeling. I have lost 56lb but can't say I'm excited as I feel so rubbish!

We had our operation on same day.... Your weight loss is fab, i have lost 40lb :)

Don't worry about moving onto the next stage, i myself had problems with moving onto the soft n crispy stage on week 5, my stomach was not having it so instead of forcing myself to eat, i stuck with the pureed stage and now eat a cracker here or there with some soft low fat cheese....still scarred from trying scrambled eggs etc or meat, chicken, fish so haven't tried eating those foods again.
Your right, it is scary, i hate having food stuck, the feeling of uneasiness, being sick etc but i do think u should try to eat something or even drink milk n not go hungry so ur metabolism doesn't slow down hun :) x

Back