• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soft/Mashed Stage - L&D

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Ok, so I have now moved onto the 3rd stage after the operation.

I have just tried scrambled egg and spaghetti in tomato sauce and managed about 3 mouthfuls I think.

It was like eating a lead balloon lol

So the question is, does anyone know how many calories I should be aiming for on this stage so I can start using myfitnesspal again.

I know we should hit protein and veg before carbs, but just wondering what sort of daily cal intake, so I can reset my profile details.

From my pre-op fitness and dieting regime I would initially doubt that with the sloppy diet you can consume enough calories for maintenance. And surely this is partly the point of this part of your diet.

When I was "hard" dieting and working out, I looked to consume 1750 calories on a rest day and 2000 on a training day. This was approx 500 cals per day less than maintenance, and how I lost 41Kg in 5 months before my surgery.

I would have thought that if you aimed for 1250 - 1500 calories with high protein, low carb and very low fat, you should be able to have enough energy for light exercise, be able to gain and maintain muscle mass whilst losing body fat %.

This is just a personal viewpoint and many here will have alternate and disparate ideas on this

HTH
Chris

Your on that kind of food quite quickly. Try having a thick puree before moving on to slightly more 'solid' soft foods. I had my surgery on the 16th and am on puree, it hurts to eat firmer foods. I figure if it hurts it's wrong. I bought the book that other members recommend and have found it very informative with regards food and looking after my pouch. It also has meal plans for different calorie intakes, when you are on normal foods.

Great question! I was wondering this today! I'm back at hospital tomorrow so had written it on my ever increasing list of questions to bombard them with!! By the way the difference in your pics is great PeterboroughGuy!!

Don't worry about calories, thats what they told me. Chew chew chew and take it easy and slow. Your insides need to get used to having food and the new route its taking

You must be able to see it!! It's brilliant!

Oh Gary, fishing for compliments again!! You know you look fab! Eggs not for me, chicken not for me - but keep trying!! Enjoying a bit of cous cous at the moment! Had cheese triangle first to get bit of protein down. trial and error over the next few weeks xx

It is, but you still need carbs Gary!! Had my protein first and chopped up veg in cous cous - plus we are only talking 6-7 tsp!! x

Cous cous is sweepings up from the bird cage bottom!!! Eurgh!!

So I have this to look forward to do I??! The appetite for sweepings up?? :)

Im on slurry at the minute! ;-)

Gary how are you on stage 3 so soon my op was on 3rd june and ive onle gone on to stage 3 last friday ?

its the L&D way lol

Back