• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) after wls?

phatgirl

Hi, I was wondering if anyone takes/has taken Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) after wls?

I have osteoarthritis of the lumbar and cervical spine which sometimes leads to muscle spasms. I used to treat them with loads of ibuprophen but can't now. I have an appointment with my GP next week about possible accupuncture treatment but if it isn't an option or I can't have treatment for a but I want to ask for Flexeril since I have used it in the past at bedtime with success.

Just wanted to know if anyone has had post-op experience with it?

Thx;)

Hiya you have had quite a few veiws without repies so i didn't want to read and not reply, but i am sorry i don't know the answer- hopefully someone will be along soon who does though! ;)
I have accupuncture because of pain, my physio puts them in the sleeps points to help me sleep- i find it brilliant, but like everything, different things work for different people.:hug99:
Good luck! :)
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Thanks Lizzie, I am hoping that accupuncture will be the way for me since I would love to stop pain meds completely. Just wanted a back-up plan, pardon the pun:p!

It is not a very common drug so if nobody else replies I won't be surprised.

Thx Chick:D

I have cut down on a lot of my pain medications, i went from 150mg of amitryptiline (sp?!) to 40mg, just reducing it slowly. I am on a lot of other pain meds, i did used to take paracetamol but i have stopped taking that now.
I went to bath on a residential pain management course, they do not take your pain away there (i wish!!) or have any magic wands, but they just help you to find way to live your life to achieve your goals (all about values and goals!).
It was good though and gave me a bit of a boost, since going there I have now stopped using my crutches and only use them on really really dad days.
Anyway- good luck!!
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Hi - sorry that I can't help either - not heard of it!

I have to say though that Acupuncture is a really effective pain reliever and also excellent at reducing muscle spasms etc so it sounds like it might do some good for you. The other avenue to try would be cranial osteopathy. Do you have medical insurance? You would probably be able to claim the expense back if you do....

Alice xx

Hi Alice, I have actually had that before in the states and it did help a bit. However once I stopped going regularly things went back to the way they were. It is an option for now though, I'll ask my doc about it.

Thanks;)

oooh yeah the other thing non-medication wise i do is go and see a chiropractor.
I see a McTimoney chiropractor because they work a bit differently and more gently to a normal chiropractor.
He sort of checks that everythig is in allignment and i just feel these gentle 'flicks' - i don't know how else to describe it, you will have to try it!!
It is thanks to my chiropractor that i am now continent, doctors could not work out what was wrong - just said i was a medical mystery. I had no sensation in my genital area or knew when to go for a pee- it was a totall nightmare!! I was refferred as an emergany to london - this took 5 months, even with my mum phoning the lovely secretary every day! So in the meantin we where desperate to try anything and went to a McTimoney chiropractor. He checked to see if my spine was all in allignment and i was out of allignment in 4 or 5 places on my back so he just very gently 'flicked' it. He doesn't just treat one place though, he treats the whole person. I go every month now. (well except i might wait untill i ahve recovered from my op until i go again!)
But, yeah i would definately recommend it and say it was worth giving a go! :)
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Nic, not heard of that one, but just a word of warning on pain killers in general. I've found that my tolerance to some of them has changed since the op. for example, i used to use di-hydracodeine for my pain and took 2 tablets at a time. In work the other day I had horrid womb-ache and one of the girls gave me 1 di-hydracodeine, I went quite giddy and had an itchy nose for 4 hours.

Have you tried a tens machine?

Yeah, Shel I discovered that also. Codeine was something I used and have loads of but now I itch so when I use it that it drives me mad. Also, the pain is worst at night and I CANNOT sleep when I have taken codeine. SOOO, have to attack this from a different direction I think!

Back