• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Colposcopy

toots go back they had difficulty getting my sample in the chair as my cervic very tight so they took me in a day patient and did it under a light general...had two in two years like this so dont worry just go get checked ok ;-)

Hi there
Caz bandys post is fantastic and spot on, it is not usually painful just embaressing and can be uncomfortable, when you have a smear performed abnormal results are graded as stage 1 to 5 (Darkayosis) cant spell that lol, even the worst grade is still pre cancerous cells and if hey had found them to be cancerous or at stage 5 your appt would have been made for a colposcopy a lot sooner , when you have the coloposcopy they will show u on a screen the area thats has changed cells they will usually take a biopsy away and depending on results will depend on treatment, which is usually a loop excision or a cone biopsy, try not to worry so much, i know thats easy for me to say.

Thinking about you hon, let us know how you get on, always here to support

Helen
xxxxxx

Don't worry hun x

Aww hun, My mum had hers come back abnormal last year, it was nothing to worry bout but they took her in and took off the offending cells just to be on the safe side. every thing will be ok hun xXx

Oh well i went for my colposcopy today and they have taken 4 byopsy's i have erosion of the cervix so as soon as they touch it it bleeds so although they have taken another 2 smears with 2 different brushes thay haeve also taken the tissue so they can have a closer look. The dr said they were concerned that the moment they touch it it bleeds like a stuck pig. but said she doesnt think it is anything to worry about.

Hugs Carole.... when will you get the results?

thanks girls i will get the results within 4 weeks. One good thing because i use a moon cup i can go swimming.
carole

Got a letter from the hospital yesturday to say that the biopsies taken had shown some abnormality and the smears had come back inconclusive again.
They have given me another appointment for september for a repeat colposcopy and smear so hopefully by then any abnormalities will of resolved themselves. fingers crossed.

grrr... this waiting around must be frustrating Carole. Just be assured that if they were more concerned they would have you straight back in. Sounds to me like they are just being cautious.

Got everything crossed for you lovely. xx

Thanks sam i think if when go back nect time they are still saying the same i will be saying remove it rather then err on the side of caution.
when they say things are inconclusive i can only live with that for so long. If they dont know why thwy can get a reading or there is abnormality showing i feel thats good enough reason to be radical.
carole

I agree Carole, if you have had ongoing abnormal smears and inconclusive readings then it is time to consider a plumbing change. My thought is that you are all done with having children and you can't develop cancer in an area you no longer have! So, I would be asking the same question, can you remove the possible problem before it actually is a problem? You are kind of young but I believe it would give great assurance if you were to take messures to prevent future problems.

Just my opinion and obviously not based on any true medical knowledge. I just care about you and your physical/mental well being.

(((Hugs)))
Nic:wave_cry:

Yup, I'm with you too. I agree with Sam that if they are leaving he repeat 6 months then its low grade abnormality (like I had) and it often resolves naturally, so unlikely to be anything to worry about. But that on top of the ongoing issues with smears would be enough for me.

Oh well went for my second colposcopy today and i now have 5 areas they are concerned about. They took another smear and 2 biopseys one each from the 2 worst areas and i will get the results in 4 weeks.
I asked the Dr what happens next and she said lets just wait till we get te results. To be honest i was just shell shocked as i really didnt expect there to be any change in such a short space of time.

Carole I had similar probs and had to have a hysterctomy eventually when I was 37;)I was/am fine now, and relieved i'm no longer at risk :Dpm me anytime if you need a chat hun xx;)

hya ... i had an abnormal smear last year.. they found cin3 which is last stage ( very bad ) the colposcopy is not half as bad as you think i even had teh bad bits removed burnt off its not painfull i would say uncomfatable .. try to relax that helps !!! the injection diditn hurt me at all it was in and i didint even know! it was towards the end i became uncomfatable but defoe not painfull ... so dont worry

oops sorry seems you have already had your colposcopy ! didint read all of thread

Hi Carol

Hope the results all come back ok...
Don't worry too much (easy for me to say, I know)...these abnormal readings happens all the time.

Take care hun

(((hugs)))

Will be keeping everything crossed till you get your results :hug99:

Back