• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Colposcopy

sorry to hear your news Carole. I would think if its anything to be worried about they wont keep you waiting 4 weeks. In the meantime, will keep everything crossed that all is well xxx

hi hc

I had a hystrectomy and my cervix removed due to cervical cancer. I was 23 the first time i got it and 34 by the time I had the hystrectomy. Im 44 now, i have had 10 years which without treatment i was given 5 years.

Treatment nowadays is excellent, you have been for your checks so they are keeping an eye on it. Although changes can happen quickly, the changes are caught at an early stage so that you can have effective treatment. I know because its these checks that helped me. I would have treatment and by the time i went for my check up it would be back.

Please dont worry, will be thinking of you.

Sallie

Hard to do I know but try not to worry,I know you have your mum in mind.If needs be get the flaming womb out and be done with it!It was the BEST thing I ever did.Got my life back and no more worry!Thinking of you.MAZ X

Just as i thought i was getting a life i have had my smear test results back ( it took 3 smears over a period of 9 months to get a reading) and they are abnormal so i have to go for a Colposcopy on the 12th march. Trying not worrying myself about it but my mum had cervical cancer which by the time they had found it had spread to he bowel.
Has any one had a Colposcopy and if so is it more uncomfortable that a smear?
also have you had the see and treat o r did you go back for seperate treatment.
Sorry lads but need to know.
HI i had one of these abnormal smear results as I had pre cancerous cells and had them lasered off through a colopscopy, and that was about 15 years ago..............no nookie for 6 weeks atfer tho:cry: well as I said 15 years ago , technology is changing all the time........xx

Carole just read this thread, sorry to hear that you have had some change but it really is good that they have their eyes on it and can do what's needed quickly. I will be with Shel keeping everything crossed.

((Hugs))
Nic

Thanks everyone. Feeling a little more positive today I try to always look on the positive side so thats what im trying to do.
My sister had to go to the breast clinic today as she had found some lumps in both breasts, luckly her lumps were cysts that they have drained. Oh the joys of being a woman.

I know what you mean Carol...I said as much to my husband as I read out your post to him...It's so not fair that our bodies give us so much gyp after they serve such a good purpose, carrying babies in our wombs and feeding future generation with our breasts...and then go on to give us these constant frights.

Luckily we live in an age where science can dispel our fears fairly quickly and restore health quickly too.

Take care sweetie...Let us know how it goes.

(((hugs)))

Back