• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Date Set ! Moving Fast !! April Sleeve! !

Ewwwwwww slim fast :yuk:
That week will fly in and before you know it you will be all done xx

Yeahhh - got my hospital letter through - date the 7th May ! wooo !
Pre OP the 1st of May .
Starting my two week low cal no carb diet this weekend (meant to be thursday but will 2 days make a difference?)

Pre Op Diet Starts today ! Has Anyone else done one similar?

Hi everyone :)

Pre op diet starts today !!!!!

its pretty much as below :
Daily Allowances :
1pint semi skimmed milk (use in tea coffe etc)
200ml fresh orange juice

Breakfast

1 weetabix / 1 small bowl (200ml) of unsweetend porridge add milk from DA

Mid morning

100ml of fruit juice / tea or coffe with milk allowance

lunch & Dinner (choose one )

200ml bowl of soup -no pots rice or pasta in soup or bread with soup
& small pot low fat yogurt / low fat custard

3oz lean cooked meat , chicken or fish (no sauces , gravies, no mayo or dressings!)
serve with salad or 4 dessertspoons of cooked veg (no sweetcorn/peas/beans)

supper rest of milk allowance in low cal drink mix ie hirlicks

extras - sugar free jelly when hungry

Im needing ideas what i can do with the chicken at dinner times!? do you think i could do it in a garlic maggie bag ??? or paprika spices?

Looks OK. Better than 4 pints of milk a day :).

Spices would be my choice. I like Cajun chicken or Blackened chicken you can use it on fish and lean pork. Tasty.

Exciting time.

Weegie I'm glad I never got the milk diet I'd have died hate milk lol !
I think spices is the route I'll go lots of choice too ! X

Gill I'm excited & nervous at the same time !
How are you getting on with ur pre op?
Xx

1st day on pre op went ok !
Couldn't use all my milk allowance - really don't like it !
Lentil soup at lunch
Chicken salad & low fat custard

Jelly in between ??

Here's hoping the next 13days are as good !

One down.....

Perhaps add milk to the soup ?

I did a 1000 low calorie LSD for 4 weeks , looking back it wasnt too bad got use to weighting food and not really having to think as I was given, like you a list of foods I could eat
im thinking about doing it again, just for one week as my weight loss as slowed down a bit (7 months post WLS)I guess it cant hurt just make sure I get my proteins in
very good luck on your diet !

I did a 1000 low calorie LSD for 4 weeks , looking back it wasnt too bad got use to weighting food and not really having to think as I was given, like you a list of foods I could eat im thinking about doing it again, just for one week as my weight loss as slowed down a bit (7 months post WLS)I guess it cant hurt just make sure I get my proteins in very good luck on your diet !

I am 7months post op and my weightloss slowed down dramaticly! In a week I now loose less than half the amount i did a month ago. I think its perfectly normal for the weightloss to slow down! And please consult your dietitian about going back on pre op diet.. :)

One down.....

Perhaps add milk to the soup ?

I never gave it a thought adding milk ! good idea! :)

I did a 1000 low calorie LSD for 4 weeks , looking back it wasnt too bad got use to weighting food and not really having to think as I was given, like you a list of foods I could eat
im thinking about doing it again, just for one week as my weight loss as slowed down a bit (7 months post WLS)I guess it cant hurt just make sure I get my proteins in
very good luck on your diet !

its pretty simple everything seems laid out infront of me just need ideas to keep it original lol
Well done on your weight loss - you look fab from your pics !!
I hope your weight loss steadies out into something your happy with :) :)
xxx

Does anyone think I could have 2 eggs for my protein instead of meat or chicken ?

Oki so 3rd day into the LSD and I'm feeling so low today . Been bubbling away - thinking this is my carb crash happening !
Just feeling all emotional over daft things - worrying about the op , worrying about me after it , started bubbling at the thought of my hubby having to survive for 2/3 nights without me ( in all honesty and normal mind wouldn't have phased me) I started stressing about making sure I had my sets of bedding cleaned for easy changed after hosp !
Arghh driving myself crazy - has anyone else felt like this ?!?! Please say it's not just me ! The

I'm managing ok with the eating (lack of ?) but enjoying what I am eating - so on that front all is good ! Thought I'd have been climbing the walls but k owing in doing it for my own health & sanity is keeping me going ! PLUS can have 2 eggs instead of my chicken etc so that's a bonus love an egg .

I'm on day 2 of LSD and its hard going. I'm on the milk diet, I thought it would be easier if I completly took food out of the mix. I can honestly say I'm not hungry but just missing the comfort of food. I know how you feel though I'm on a very short lead and ready to blow my top at the smallest thing. I just have to keep reminding myself why I'm doing this. I see were round about the same weight and having the same procedure. By the end of the year we should be healthy and looking good!

milk diet for me

So yours looks pretty good. Opted for milk diet because it doesn't need any thought - no choices.
Started yesterday for sleeve on 8th May.
Good luck with your diet and operation.

I'm on day 2 of LSD and its hard going. I'm on the milk diet, I thought it would be easier if I completly took food out of the mix. I can honestly say I'm not hungry but just missing the comfort of food. I know how you feel though I'm on a very short lead and ready to blow my top at the smallest thing. I just have to keep reminding myself why I'm doing this. I see were round about the same weight and having the same procedure. By the end of the year we should be healthy and looking good!
I can't do the milk diet due to being lactose intolerant !
Glad it's not just me that's going crazy lol x
I'm doing the same telling myself it's for the greater gd etc ! Xxx

So yours looks pretty good. Opted for milk diet because it doesn't need any thought - no choices. Started yesterday for sleeve on 8th May. Good luck with your diet and operation.

Hi res I couldn't do the milk diet I'm lactose intolerant , so the low carb suited me but wasn't prepared for the crashes to be honest !

Your the day after me :) good luck to you aswell xxx

Oki so 3rd day into the LSD and I'm feeling so low today . Been bubbling away - thinking this is my carb crash happening ! Just feeling all emotional over daft things - worrying about the op , worrying about me after it , started bubbling at the thought of my hubby having to survive for 2/3 nights without me ( in all honesty and normal mind wouldn't have phased me) I started stressing about making sure I had my sets of bedding cleaned for easy changed after hosp ! Arghh driving myself crazy - has anyone else felt like this ?!?! Please say it's not just me ! The I'm managing ok with the eating (lack of ?) but enjoying what I am eating - so on that front all is good ! Thought I'd have been climbing the walls but k owing in doing it for my own health & sanity is keeping me going ! PLUS can have 2 eggs instead of my chicken etc so that's a bonus love an egg .

I've gone through a crying stage and I haven't even had my pre-op appointment ...!!! Lol
I think it's perfectly normal because so many of us have been over weight since childhood and this is a huge step towards a new life x

I've gone through a crying stage and I haven't even had my pre-op appointment ...!!! Lol I think it's perfectly normal because so many of us have been over weight since childhood and this is a huge step towards a new life x

I can totally relate - I had a full year of appts with my surgeon before he said yes (& that's private!) & I went through the mill . Thought this would be the easy bit! But as you said we've been overweight that long that this is our normal .

Morning all - sorry have turned this into my own personal diary - my up's & down's my worries the lot ! (tune out if im boring you!)

Day 4 was an oki day - 1st day i have actually felt hunger tbh !
Think it was because i was around people eating away at carby things ! Stayed strong things will get better !

Emotionally i was crabbit as anything yesterday - felt sorry for my partner honestlty bit his head off so many times . This not eating stuff and keeping your mind occupied gives you so much room to think about other stuff tbh ! need to keep busy and stop stressing about daft things !

Food wise day 4 was a good day
1 weetbix with milk
200ml orange juice

weight watchers soup (lentil & bacon)
Shape yogurt <3

2 pots of jelly through the day

coffee with milk

Chicken flavured with tikka spices cooked with onions mushrooms and peppers

Slept well last night too - think the lack of energy is helping me sleep !

Day 5 today

Felling bouncy and positive today ! 1 week on Thursday till OP - OMG yessss !
will update later ! xx

Back