• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

day 1 of liver shrinking - I cried this morning

paddyp

I hardly slept at all last night as I was so looking forward to starting the liver shrinking diet. (i'm doing slimfast).

I have just had my first shake and I am filled with a mixture of emotions but mainly I cried tears of happiness that I am finally taking control of the misery I have been through as a very obese person and that this phase of my life is now coming to an end. I still wish that I was able to somehow resolve this on my own without the need for surgery but I know that whatever success I have in the short term, I always put the weight back on which leads to me giving myself another good kicking and then perpetuating the whole cycle of hate, misery, food, on and on and on.

I had a couple of really good last ever meals such as a huge mixed grill over the weekend but to be honest, whilst the food was very nice, was not as emotionally satisfying and i ended up asking myself why I had bothered which really is an indicator that I am ready for this.

Let's just hope I can get through these two weeks and make it to my op with a itsy bitsy teenie weenie shrunken liver lol:D

Good luck to you. I bypassed the last ever meals and used the time to get into focussing, something else which the pre-op diet helps with too.

But it sounds as if you're in the right mindset, I do think we have to be ready for something as big as wls, its not an easy option that so many people often think it is!

HI

Your details are showing your op date as 29 September. I'm guessing that's not quite right otherwise that'll be a flaming long pre-op diet !! :-D

It really sounds like your head is in the right place for this. If you do struggle at all just remember what you will be getting out the end of it xx

Good luck, l felt very positive on the diet as l had control of my food , sadly my op was cancelled yesterday, l was all ready for theatre! I,m staying on the liver shrinkage diet in case l suddenly get a call. Pretty fed up at the moment, I,ve taken unpaid time off work so will be chasing the hospital today to get me in.

Thanks LL have changed my date now.

H12 I am so sorry your op was cancelled. Fingers crossed they will get you in soon. What a nightmare xx

Paddyp

All the very best for the pre-op diet. I too did Slimfast along with Heinz Weight Watchers soups (one of my providers options) and to be honest found it really easy (my own personal experience I know others may well think different). OK it got a bit repetitive but that was all and in the 2 weeks on it I lost 6.8kgs (15lbs).

Once you're on your pre-op diet you just know this is the start of a whole new life. I realise you're having a bypass and I had a sleeve, but 5 weeks post-op and already I know it was the best decision I could have made.

Enjoy your new exciting journey, all the best.

AE.

Good luck with ur pre-op diet stay positive and remember to drink plenty of fluids it helps keep hunger at bay and stops you dehydrating. xx

Gidday paddyp,
It sounds like you're ready to get on with things ... I was much the same, had a wee moment of panic the day I booked in for surgery but once I started the pre-op diet I just wanted to fast forward time so I could get the surgery done!
Anyway, all the best for the 29th and enjoy that shrinking feeling afterwards. :)

Thank you all so much. Been for a little lie down as I started to feel a bit tired but have just had slimfast number 2 and I am feeling very proud of myself. All you comments are so welcome and have strengthened my resolve even more. It's right to say it's the start of a new life and I know I will never look back. x

Some good news, l have just heard from hospital and I am rescheduled for Sat 27th at a private hospital.

H12,
Some good news, l have just heard from hospital and I am rescheduled for Sat 27th at a private hospital.

That's great news, glad you didn't blow the pre-op diet after getting let down as one extravagant meal could easily undo all the hard work you had previously put in. Just stick with it for the next 11 days and enjoy the whole experience and the start of your new life.

All the best.

AE.

good luck....

Good luck, l felt very positive on the diet as l had control of my food , sadly my op was cancelled yesterday, l was all ready for theatre! I,m staying on the liver shrinkage diet in case l suddenly get a call. Pretty fed up at the moment, I,ve taken unpaid time off work so will be chasing the hospital today to get me in.

Oh no - I was just checking in to see how you're getting on - I'm so sorry for you. Hope they sort you out soon x

Day after me - is it St. Richards??

It's st Antony's in Cheam, I,m also under Andrew wan, where are you having it done?

It's st Antony's in Cheam, I,m also under Andrew wan, where are you having it done?

My mistake - it St. Anthonys it is!! We'll be there at same time!:)

It's lovely there, wonder if we'll get to see each other!

Last edited:
I am unable to send you message, l don,t think you have enough posts. My name is Helen and l will look out for you.x

Well almost 1week of pre op diet and I've managed to lose 11lb. I am stunned and delighted. I am not going to pretend I am finding pre op diet easy but am focussed on the end goal so have absolutely no intention of breaking it. I am alternating my days on slimfast and then food as they said I could and I am not feeling at all hungry but my blood sugar levels have been up and down and that has been making me feel unwell.

One week to go (gods willing) and I'll be sitting here with my bag packed and chilling out before travelling to Taunton on Monday morning. This next week should fly by (fingers crossed). Good luck to all you pre oppers and hope you are finding the pre op diet a breeze xx

Back