• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 1 of milk diet

Linds

Hi Everyone, just started my milk diet today and to be honest, it's not as bad as I expected. No real hunger just a bit of an "empty" feeling now and again. I am having a band on 31/7 and am so happy I have found this site. What a lot of inspirational stories and success and biggest of all, putting my mind at ease as I am terrified of surgery!!! This is the reason I have opted for a Band and not Bypass - does anyone have any thoughts on this.

Lindsay

Hi Everyone, just started my milk diet today and to be honest, it's not as bad as I expected. No real hunger just a bit of an "empty" feeling now and again. I am having a band on 31/7 and am so happy I have found this site. What a lot of inspirational stories and success and biggest of all, putting my mind at ease as I am terrified of surgery!!! This is the reason I have opted for a Band and not Bypass - does anyone have any thoughts on this.

Lindsay
good luck linds :) but you get knocked out the same for any op :) xxx

Welcome! Good luck. Not sure what the milk diet entails other than milk. Lol! So can't offer any advice on that front but u sound like u are coping well. I'm having the bypass. It will help greatly with my diabetes rather than the band. (that's what has been explained to me anyway). However I do know that the band op is a shorter procedure, possibly 30-45 minutes. The bypass is more likely to be 1 hour 30 to 2 hours. Just wondering what other reasons made you chose band over bypass? Xxxx

Good luck, I'm on day 9 of the milk! It's ok, s bit boring bug I've not felt hungry and by day 4 felt great. Just keep focused on the big prize and you'll be fine.

Decided 100% I'm going with the band, I just dare not have the bypass - it was giving me sleepless nights :) on day 7 of the milk diet and have felt hungry for the first time today and have struggled a bit. Don't think it helped my father in law cooked and ate a bacon sandwich in front of me this morning, I could of cried. Only 14 days left to go !!! Has anybody else had to do it for 21 days, they seem very harsh at Dewsbury x

We have to do 10 days at NGH in Sheffield , and I've heard of some places where it's 4 weeks, so yes Dewsbury sounds harsh...but not as harsh as some!
Keep up the good work , it sounds like you're doing brilliantly.
Em xxxx

Back