• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

day 3 omg!

cancerian02

well day 3 of the milk diet and im really fed up with the lack variety. i cant drink 6 pints, im finding it far too much for me. and going to the toilet every 1/2 hour and its disturbing my sleep. please tell me it gets better. any suggestions please? i dont drink tea or coffee.
thank you:(

I'm going to have to do this milk diet soon once I get my appointment and I'm dreading it as I cannot drink milk, I don't even like milk shakes so I feel for you. Is it semi skimmed you have to drink?

well day 3 of the milk diet and im really fed up with the lack variety. i cant drink 6 pints, im finding it far too much for me. and going to the toilet every 1/2 hour and its disturbing my sleep. please tell me it gets better. any suggestions please? i dont drink tea or coffee.
thank you:(

the toilet gets better any day now. have you tried making the sugar free jelly with milk, that will use a pint a day.

stay.jpg

hi butterfly 1979,
yes it's semi skimmed. i know it will get better because there are so many post oppers, but i think it's the shock of having your last supper to the extreme of just milk! ive started a diary to keep me going and to look back.

hi peterborough guy, i know your with l & d, but what stage are you at and how many pints did you have to con sume? thanks for your tip with the jelly, but my jelly is sf made already.

thanks blue diamond for the positive vibe!

Last edited:
I'm on day 11 of my pre-op diet. Had a blip on day 7 but have been back on track since then. I've lost 16lbs and had to put a new notch on my belt this morning, so stick with it because it's worth it. If you don't drink coffee or tea, can you have some unsweetened hot chocolate in your milk for a change? Day 3&4 were the hardest for me and I've had a couple of stomach upsets, but it settled down and now I feel great.

hi butterfly 1979,
yes it's semi skinned. i know it will get better because there are so many post oppers, but i think it's the shock of having your last supper to the extreme of just milk! ive started a diary to keep me going and to look back.

hi peterborough guy, i know your with l & d, but what stage are you at and how many pints did you have to con sume? thanks for your tip with the jelly, but my jelly is sf made already.

thanks blue diamond for the positive vibe!

Im now waiting for my date, I have to see the surgeon on the 2nd June, so hopefully will get my date then.

I was on 5 pints a day and the more water you drink the more your weight loss will be. At first you think you cant do it, but now on average I drink 3 litres of water a day without thinking about it.

I use to buy powder jelly and make them up, then you can use the milk to make them up instead of water.

I am now just limiting myself to a 1200-1400 cal a day diet and so far have lost 4 stone since March, so it really does work if you stick to it.

You will do fab, us l&ders must stick together lol

Im now waiting for my date, I have to see the surgeon on the 2nd June, so hopefully will get my date then.

I was on 5 pints a day and the more water you drink the more your weight loss will be. At first you think you cant do it, but now on average I drink 3 litres of water a day without thinking about it.

I use to buy powder jelly and make them up, then you can use the milk to make them up instead of water.

I am now just limiting myself to a 1200-1400 cal a day diet and so far have lost 4 stone since March, so it really does work if you stick to it.

You will do fab, us l&ders must stick together lol
Why is it that the more water you drink the more the weight loss will be?

The more you drink the more you shrink!
I think it's something to do with fat being broken down and coming out through your wee!!!

thanks everyone for your support, well appreciated! but am i the only one with 6 pints to drink? im not too sure if im allowed low cal hot choc, it wasnt on the list.

hi im not a big milk drinker so i asked my dietician if i could use the sugar free crusha to make a milkshake to which she said i could its really tasty. not long now to go its all worth it.

The problem with the milk diet is the volume you have to drink, and the boredom of it, I worked it out when I was on it that the calorific value of the milk I was drinking in a day was over 1600 cals, you could be on a nice low fat diet for the same amount, but its not a option at l&d so we just have to grin and bare it.

If I am totally honest I did treat myself to one chicken salad a week when I was on it and then only having 4 pints of milk that day, but I am not recommending you do it. But like you, I needed something to break the boredom factor up for me.

lol, well im definately losing the weight then, as i cant stop peeing.

yes perky princess, i do have the sf crusha, i just wish there was more variety ie, yoghurts, fruit or maybe a different flavoured crusha apart from strawberry. im at the early stages of this programme. after 5 weeks i go onto the refeed diet for 4 weeks, which im not too sure of what that entails (any ideas l&ders), then 2 weeks on the milk diet again.

lol, well im definately losing the weight then, as i cant stop peeing.

yes perky princess, i do have the sf crusha, i just wish there was more variety ie, yoghurts, fruit or maybe a different flavoured crusha apart from strawberry. im at the early stages of this programme. after 5 weeks i go onto the refeed diet for 4 weeks, which im not too sure of what that entails (any ideas l&ders), then 2 weeks on the milk diet again.

My local shop sells raspberry and vanilla sf crusha, if you can't get it let me know and I can sort something out for you.

oh peterborough guy, you know exactly what im talking about with the volume and the BOREDOM!!
so you can get other flavours? thanks for offering to organise something. what i will do is search the web for it and if i get into trouble finding it, i'll drop you a line. it's a shame as i miss you by a week. im due 16th at l & D. could you tell me what the refeed diet consists of?

Back