• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Depression................

Hi Holly,

I always think there is a strong link between depression and often weight issues..... so don't feel on your own...

There are times in our lives when a little 'lift' can give us that boost that we need to keep us going and maybe your doc is just checking to see how you are getting along before starting you on a course of anything....

When I was diagnosed with cancer.... I was prescribed fluoxetine 3 x 20mg... daily prior to my treatment and I certainly felt that this took the edge of stress and it was a dose that was increased then decreased post treatment and it was a helpful 'lift'...

Keep us posted and don't ever feel on your own.... we all have life events... plus additional issues that creep into our lives and we are not machines.... we have feelings, emotions and hormones to deal with alongside daily life....

Good luck... Holly.... Also the same to Jan... I have missed you around... keep in touch... xxx

Sending love and hugs xxx

Sending you some virtual (HUGS) Jan, follow your instincts and you wont go far wrong, it does seem your dose is lower than others so maybe you need to see the gp about it being increased..........take care XX

low low low ...

hi girls,

back from the G.P. second appt.

she did give me citalopram also put me on waiting list to talk to the counsellor.

what can i expect from taking antidepressants?

what do you do to boost low self esteem?

it is horrible to go out in public and have people look at you like you have two heads.
you can see the disgust on their faces
and the double takes
and the fixed fake smile as they gaze you up and down
i feel like a circus freak,hideously deformed
no seriously i have a huge tummy that hangs down almost to my knees
while the rest of me, my arms and legs are thin/normal

anyone else ever made to feel like an outcast?

hi holly, i think the way your thinking could be part of the depression. once you start taking your meds, you will gradually start to feel a little bit better, its very subtle so you may not realise theyre working for a while. keep in touch with your doctor though, cos they usually start you on a low dose and gradually increase it until they get it right. id give it a month, and see how you feel. good luck hun, big hugs xxx

Yes Holly, I have felt like an outcast many many times and I always remember even my Mum saying to me many years ago 'everyone is looking at you... because you are so big'.... now she was trying to help me, but I felt like never leaving the house after that....

Don't feel on your own... but try and 'Believe in Yourself'... that is how I keep myself positive... because of positive thinking and believing in me.... which basically means... I do all I can to help myself... and I also accept medical help where necessary...

Anti depressants really do take a month to kick in properly and after years of working in mental health.... I would pamper yourself.... do things you enjoy and look at ways of possibly doing small strides to help yourself.... in a month's time I hope it's a very different picture for you and set your focus ahead.... it's hard to do but you have to give yourself time and hang onto us on here...

Self esteem grows with time and it's a mind thing... it's a bit like planting a seed and it developing when you feel it's all been taken from you... but believe in you and better things can happen.... willing you on your way precious.

Sending you love and hugs Holly xxx

Back