• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Derby update

natashoorrr

So I called up Derby hospital today.

I don't really know what I was calling for - Curiosity, impatience - I'm really not sure.

So she took a quick look at my file and said well you've not really been on the wait list that long (nearly 4 months) so I'd be looking at around December/January time.

I guess I'm a little disappointed as I was hoping for a September/October operation because Christmas will be really hard dieting and stuff.

She did say that it could change and that it couldn't really be guaranteed to be around then.

SO. Hm. Not overly happy and not relishing the idea of having to wait another 8 months to start my new life but there isn't really much I can do about it either. I get really excited seeing other people progress on here, everybody getting their dates it just makes mine feel that much further away.

Samsara

Sorry to hear that is a longer wait than you first thought. The months do seem to go by pretty quickly though and it will soon be Christmas! I can't believe it's May tomorrow!

I commented on your old thread about the problems with your partner - did you manage to get it resolved in the end? I hope so x x :)

Lincs Lass

Hang on in there, the time will go quicker than you think. (I know that's easy for me to say as I've been 'done' xx)

Paula Garner

It's always the same with derby. Their communication skills are terrible. I bet if you phone tomorrow and speak to someone else, they'll tell you something completely different.

As frustrating as it is, just hang on in there. It changes all the time, so it may not be as long as you think x