• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A watched waiting list never boils

That's awful. You should automatically go to the top of the list. You must be nearing your breach date now. Maybe you should ask when your breach date is next time you call xx

She would probably say she does not know as she does not have my notes!! If they are working on last may, I should be over my breech date by now as I was put on the list on the 8th of may.

I've said this on another thread, all hospitals should have electronically kept notes. Coded paper notes are so prehistoric. There's no excuse really, if we can use electronic notes in the community, I don't see why the hospital can't!

Did they say when they would be getting your notes back? Are you looking at days or weeks? They really shouldn't be treating you like this

I have a dietician appointment Friday, so they said they should have them back by then, but then this is another week gone without anything being done. I am gonna ring every day to make sure they don't forget about me!! Lol

What is a breach date Paula?

It's the date that you should have had your operation by. Everyone has a breach date and I think the surgeons get into quite a bit of trouble if you go over. Thats when they usually start outlaying you to private hospitals. It doesnt look good for the trusts statistics, league tables and data collection if lots of people are going past their breach date, as this data is available to the public and it reflects badly on the hospital as they are seen to be under performing.

I will mention it tomorrow when I ring. The thing that annoys me the most is I have told them that I have had to put my first nursing job on hold and I really want to get started, as I have only just qualified and feel that no one is bothered that I have put my life on hold for this operation, as a couple of weeks ago they were telling that I would be having my operation in the next couple of weeks!!

They aren't bothered, it doesnt affect their life. Your just a number on a list. All I can say is that this part really is the hardest and it really does prepare you mentally for life post op. If you can hang on in there and get through this bit, life post op will be a doddle I promise xx

I know can't wait to meet the new me and be able to wear clothes suitable for my age instead of having to buy them because there the only ones that fit!! Lol

Well just been told that I should expect to have surgery at the end of may!!! How that works out I have no idea, to say the waiting list is supposed to be around 8-10 months. I am sooooo annoyed right now!!

My work colleagues sister was put on the list at Derby yesterday. They told her the waiting list was 9 months. I honestly think they make it up as they go along. Did you ask about your breach date?

Yeah she said she can't tell me until tomorrow, as I won't be back on the list until then. How can they say that I will be put back on the list where I was if they now can't offer me a date until may!! That means people are being put before me!!

Back