• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A watched waiting list never boils

She has just called back and said that the reason this is happening is because the two hospitals are discussing contracts, which means they cannot give people dates!!!
She advised me to make a complaint to PALS, but I am just annoyed that they have put people in this position without sorting all this out in the first place!!
The Nuffield gave me a provisional date of the 29th march, which she said is highly unlikely that I would be having surgery on this day as its good Friday.
What a joke!!! :-(

That's terrible. Get in touch with pals again and write a letter to the hospitals chief exec. If the surgeon is working privately at Nuffield, he will not be paid by the NHS for work done on that day. Nuffield will pay him or charge the PCT/hospital his fee for that day. Don't give up hope for that day, it may still go ahead. Remember it's two separate contracts x

I feel like telling them to get my file back and I will have my op at the royal derby!! Dr ahmeds secretary said if this happens I will go back on the list where I was before, but she could not say where this was, as she did not have my notes.
She did say that their waiting list is 8-10.... I will have been on it 10 months next Friday!! So surely I should be at the top by now!!

They said it was at Derby now, I've complained to the secretary, PALS and written to the chief exec, it won't make any difference at all. I'm now in the process of submitting a SAR and an FOI request, I doubt any of it will make any difference tbh. I don't know about you but I've never felt so stressed, it's so disappointing. Secretary told me today she will contact me with a cancellation, which we all know won't happen as people are desperately waiting for the op.

Mine are still with Nuffield, but just want to tell them to send them back!! I was so happy last week when they said I had a date, but now feel like they have just punched me in the stomach :-(
They should not be allowed to do what they are doing to people, it's just wrong and could do some damage to people's life's!!

Mine are still with Nuffield, but just want to tell them to send them back!! I was so happy last week when they said I had a date, but now feel like they have just punched me in the stomach :-(
They should not be allowed to do what they are doing to people, it's just wrong and could do some damage to people's life's!!

Sounds like you might still be done soon then why would they keep them. I'm truly gutted, it's disgraceful that they think it's ok to toy with people's lives like this. But even when you explain the turmoil they've put you through it's irrelevant to them. Let me know how you get on.

I was told that they had sent seven files back, as they were not doing them, but mine is still with them. However Nuffield do not seem to know what is going on and there seems to be no communication going on. The person who is supposed to be sorting the contracts out is off sick, so that means it is delaying things even more!!

I was told that they had sent seven files back, as they were not doing them, but mine is still with them. However Nuffield do not seem to know what is going on and there seems to be no communication going on. The person who is supposed to be sorting the contracts out is off sick, so that means it is delaying things even more!!

Sounds like you could only be a couple of weeks then once the arguments are settled, good luck, ill still be waiting in June no doubt...

I am sure they will sort something out for you too soon, just keep contacting them!! Let me know how you get on too!!:)

Being sent back to derby and won't know where I am on the list until next week :-(

I hate to say it but I don't think complaining will make any difference. I complained to PALS back in January and again this week etc etc. they are less than interested. Just got to try and get on with life now and forget about it I think... I was sure you were going to be ok and left with Nuffield - sorry for your rubbish news :( I have never felt more like a second rate citizen in my life, patient dignity was an NHS strap line for a while, what ever initiative they were on sadly failed!

Just heard from the hospital again, it will take 25 days to process a complaint (minimum). I am back on the list and once again being told 2 months but can't give a guarantee. That'll be 26 months from when I started, and that's only if it's not put back even further (again), for any people just starting out, the current waiting list at derby is 17 months (today anyway)

Just heard from the hospital again, it will take 25 days to process a complaint (minimum). I am back on the list and once again being told 2 months but can't give a guarantee. That'll be 26 months from when I started, and that's only if it's not put back even further (again), for any people just starting out, the current waiting list at derby is 17 months (today anyway)

That's not true i went through pals to find out the waiting list times and I got a call back 7pm from the managing director and she said the waiting list is 8-10 months and she even told me what months there working off right now and she said there now operating on the people who were put on the list last may

I was told by Dr ahmeds secretary that the waiting list is 8-10 months, that is why I am annoyed because my 10 months is up on Friday and i still dont have a date!!

Have you heard back from them yet sammie? Are they going to be doing you at Nuffield or have you been sent back to derby?

I was told on Thursday that they are sending me back to the royal, but when I rang the Nuffield today they said they are waiting for someone to pick my file up!! Dr ahmeds secretary said she cannot tell me where I am on the list until she has my file back, so stuck in limbo!!!

I was told on Thursday that they are sending me back to the royal, but when I rang the Nuffield today they said they are waiting for someone to pick my file up!! Dr ahmeds secretary said she cannot tell me where I am on the list until she has my file back, so stuck in limbo!!!

Aww Hun there really messing you about arnt they... I hope you get a date soon, keeps us updated x

Back