• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Disapointed

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
So here I am now 10 days post op (bypassed).

Now I know what most of you will come back with, BUT I have just jumped on the scales and found out over the last two days I have lost .1kg, I mean come on, I could have lost more by not having the bypass.

I guess its because I am on liquids, and not really exercising much at the moment, but the first few days at home I lost 11lb which I then though it was worth doing, but now I have stalled.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I can take liquid down no problem, I also can eat most of the foods they suggest, so its not like I am going of the plan.

This is what I had yesterday.

1 x Muller Light Yogurt
2 x Glass of semi skimmed milk
1 x 1/2 can soup
1 x Ambrosia Fat Free Custard
1 x Fat Free Angel Delight

and 2 litres of SF squash.

What I have noticed is, that I am not going to the toilet (wee) so much as what I did before I had the bypass.

Am I doing OK?

You're doing great but KEEP OFF THE B****Y SCALES. Sorry mate but please keep off them and just hop on once a week same day same time then you will get a real weigh in. I know its hard to do but its no good for your mental health to keep weighing, I know mate I've bveen there. So now you've been told so be a good boy and get on with your healing and your day, lol xxx

But think how long it would have taken you before your bypass to loose That 11lb. It probably would have taken you a month or maybe more and then you would have thrown the head up and had a binge cos you had been "good" and put it all back on again - am I right - I know I'm right - just keep on trucking bud no going back now. Xxxx

Gary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grrrrrrrrrr............. come on, you know better than that.
Your intake sounds spot on. Now do as your told and stop weighing yourself.
Chill, relax and get better after your surgery. Give yourself and your head a break. It will come off.
Now 'give over'.
Lynne x

Ooh I love it when you ladies are angry with me haha

Yeah I know your all right, but its easier said than done, we have decided to go to the coast for a weekend away, so maybe a break from these four walls, and the SCALES will do me some good.

Although don't they have scales on the pier at seasides still haha

I was feeling the same as you, I've lost 2lb the last 2 weeks, a stone and a half since the op 6 weeks ago but 9lb was in the first week. But I am shrinking, I've gone down nearly 3 dress sizes in 6 weeks, I can see it and so can everyone else so sometimes you can lose inches and not weight, I don't understand why but I know it is happening to me.

Even so 1kg is 2lb in 2 days that's fantastic, I've lost 2lb for the last 2 weeks.

You're doing brilliant, give yourself some credit, Karen x

As long as your wee is a pale yellow don't worry that your going less than you used to. If it's a bit darker increase your fluid intake. A good fluid intake is key to good weight loss and good poo's!

I know your right, and everyone tells me the same but you should know me by now lol

Then ignore this great advice and keep feeling disapointed

Its perfectly normal for our bodies to need time to recover following the shock of surgery. Give yourself time

I lost 11 lb pre op and the week after surgery put 10 lb on !!! :cry: I then had my weight stall for ten days !! :sigh: I have now lost in 7 weeks 2 1/2 lb short of 3 stone which would have taken an age to lose before but still find myself being disappointed !! Keep positive it will shift :D I have upped my fluids and exercise this week so Hoping will get my 3 stone soon :D x x x

I've put my scales away after yesterday's weigh in and won't get them out again until next thursday. Only 4lbs lost in the last two weeks but I noticed today that my double chin is getting a lot smaller and I'm sure I see a hint of cheekbones. My jeans are also getting baggy again around the thighs.

even though I'm pre op I tend to loose weight about a stone loose no inches, then stall for a few weeks this is where the inches fall off, then the weight starts again no inches again. Are body's are weird things.

Hes just looking for a good slapping on the botty,most men like to be taken in hand and told they are naughty little boys!lol Maz x

I lost 16lb post op week one, then nothing at all week two. This week (week three), I've lost 3lb. BUT ... my pre-op clothes are now already at least one size too big.
I think it's just our bodies adjusting to the MASSIVE surgery we've had. Relax!
xXx

Well been away for the weekend to the coast, and been a good boy on my liquids apart from a quaver crisp that I sucked just to get a different texture in my mouth.

So me being me, jumped on the scales when I got home, and you know what, I wished I hadn't lol

Why do I do it to myself everytime, I do wonder lol

you need a smacked botty, keep off them scales Mister

I refuse to keep scales in the house - I'd drive myself mad.
Paying 70p once a week at Boots keeps me in check :)

Back