• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Disillusioned..and a very fed up :(

Lostinmy30's

Ok this is probably best not for pre oppers to read...you have been warned.....
I got my lap band in March and as you can see haven't really lost much for the last 4 months...just stayed the same bouncing between 16st 8 to 16st 11...up and down like a wee rubber ball.
Now its winter and the arthritis in my hands and feet are back....the SAD is back...one day I can eat something the next I can't . I have been sick everywhere...asda...the street...kitchen sink...at my desk...

I have no motivation whatsoever and the fact I have to use up my annual leave for every hospital appointment has ment I can't even have a few days off my work over xmas.

I'm waiting to call the bariatric nurse after 1pm today. I have to explain how sick I have been as its worrying my family. I can't finish a meal so I end up snacking....alot....totally fed up and scunnered with myself. I'm not excercising I'm regressing back to where I was pre surgery.

And the thought stuck in my head - i should have pushed more for a bypass because this is me for the rest of my life.

What are my chances do we think? If the band has slipped and requires adjustment I can't afford even more time in and out of hospital.

I just don't seem to be able to do this..help xxx

Hiya xx I'm sorry you feel so down :( I have been stuck since April round the same weight too so I understand your frustration.
A group of us banders are trying to gather together and support each other
http://www.wlsurgery.com/wlsurgery/130804-we-can-do-too.html
And you are more than welcome to join us.
It's a long thread but I hope you can grab a cuppa and have a good read through because it was started to help banders get over stalls and get to goal and we have some good stuff covered in there already xxx
Don't give up, because we can sort it out together x

Hey don't beat yourself up.

Funny but I was at a WLS group meeting last night which was predominently bypass patients ans I can say that they have problems too. Bypass would have given you the weightloss but the vomit, stuck, not being able to eat etc. problems are still the same.

Being at the meeting really struck a chord with me.

I hope the link Neen pointed you to helps! We're all in it together and whatever surgery we have it's not an easy way out and they all have similar issues irrespective of the weightloss speeds.

take care :) :hug99:

Hope you get some answers from the bariatric team asap.. How much have u got in ur band??? Could it just be a fraction tight and thats why your being sick etc. I agree with cc with u vomiting left right and centre will only make ur weight stagnate. Soz I can not be of more help, and I hope u get ur situation sorted asap xx All the best xx

I'm sitting at 10.25 ml in a 14 ml band...can manage as much fluid as poss but sometimes just a mouthful of well chewed food gets me spewing.
Sometimes fluid does it too..its like my oesophagus goes into a spasm....maybe I'm taking in air:hmm:
Watching these vids on the Banders thread are making me stop and think...alot....I feel very uninformed alot of the time....I need to be here more.....

You sound way toooo tight and this makes the band virtually useless as a weight loss tool, so please get back to them and have a little bit out...it will make the world of difference.

Also, as a fellow long term bander, I can safely say that stalls and pauses are normal and that having a band is the slower path but it can work.

I am in the same boat a bit right now but have a fill date booked, so just looking to that to help. But in the mean time I am exercising more and pushing myself to be good.

it's so hard but you have to keep trying.....:)

I had a very similar problem not long ag o was sick with everything and paid to see a private bariatric dietican and well basically I was eating too big a mouthful!!! I have been told that the entrance to our tummys is 2mm wide (nail on little finger) so what i was doing was having a normal size bite of something chewing it to death so just liquid and then swallowing and what he said is that it is too much to go through the hole so it is being pushed back up!!! Made so much sense tome after he explained and wondered why I was never told the band opening or the stoma was only this wide as would have been more careful. So if you are doing the same as me that is what it is. I have been advised to take 5p coin size bites chew to death and then swallow and I must say I have not been sick since and takes me 20 minutes to eat a 7inch plate of food and have bought one of those tea light stands so as I can put my plate on it take my time and it is still warm.. Hope this helps x

Keep posting when you are having a tough time cos it really helps. Make your mind up to give your team a ring and get some help - whether its a bit of a de-fill or advice on food choices, chewing etc. Come on - you can do it and giving up is not an option
Best wishes to you but you can get through this

jO XX

Hey Vikki, Us Scottish ladies were wondering where you were. Sorry to hear you are struggling, you have been given some great advice and i really hope it gets sorted out for you very soon. You know we are here for you anytime, please come and meet up with us on Sunday so we can help you out. Message me anytime too as i don't have your number. PLease hang in there it will get sorted i'm sure. Big hugs xx

I'm the same as you with any food thats textured. Meat, fish and eggs are a "no go" for me. I am waiting for an appointment to have a small defill as I think my band is still too tight. I had a defill a while ago for the same reasons but feel I still need another half mil out for me to be able to eat. the small sized plate is a waste of time for me as I only manage around a table spoon full of food and this has slowed my weight loss down immensley xxx

Good Luck Vikki - hope you find the answers you have been looking for. I am newly banded so not a lot of help as yet - yet to tread the road you are on (perhaps I`ll take the high road). Keep us posted how you are doing whether facing difficulties or not because we are in this altogether and you have many friends on here.

Best wishes and take care of yourself Kat x

Thanks guys for giving me the boot up the bahookie I really needed. I phoned and left yet another message with the bariatric team at Gartnavel and still no call back :(
I'm up out my bed early today ( had taken in to lying in till 11 and 12 in the last week)coffee in hand, happy meds on board and a plan in place to sort myself out......fingers crossed I find some resolve...

Thanks guys for giving me the boot up the bahookie I really needed. I phoned and left yet another message with the bariatric team at Gartnavel and still no call back :(
I'm up out my bed early today ( had taken in to lying in till 11 and 12 in the last week)coffee in hand, happy meds on board and a plan in place to sort myself out......fingers crossed I find some resolve...

I understand exactly how you must feel! Well done for getting out of bed - it's a big step! :hug99:

i have no idea how you feel being a by-passer, but my heart goes out to you and I just want to send lots of love, hugs and encouragement your way. And yes, by-passes do go wrong, I've just had my second major surgery (for a leak and hernia) in 8 weeks. No WLS is the easy route, but together, bypass or band or sleeve or wrap, we'll make it!

BIG HUGS. xxxx

massive massive hugs hun, Gosh reading your post is like i have written it. Ive struggled, ive puked, ive cried, ive regretted and now im at a happy place. I have 7.5mls in a 14ml band and i think im at the highest restriction i could possibly cope with. When i had my last fill i was still eating too much with each mouthful, which obviously made me spew!

Now i take a teeny tiny amount and that stays down, So try and take teeeeny tiny bites like half a cm if that! I hope this works for you hun, i know how hard it is and very disheartning.

i totally sympathise with you xxx

Back