• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi from North Tees

Good luck for today Toby just go with what the nurse tells you, just concentrate on something nice, n soon be done xx

Thanks all it was'nt not too bad and another step closer.
See you all soon. Take care Toby

Hi im new here as well .hope it all goes well for u .Im getting really nervous now !!!! surgery supposed to be 6-8 weeks time .jenny x

Hi im new here as well .hope it all goes well for u .Im getting really nervous now !!!! surgery supposed to be 6-8 weeks time .jenny x

Thanks Jenny and hope all goes well for you, not long now.

got a letter yesterday 17th november for me !!

sooo wish I could have been tranferred to James Cook - wouldnt want North Tees cos I work there (bit too close to home!!!). No date yet from Sunderland, think Feb if waiting list is 6 months. If I had been referred 1 month later I would have been done and dusted at James Cook by now!!!!but got referred to Sunderland.

Everything comes to those who wait. Took me nearly 2 yrs from start to op date, can be a long road with SRH but they were really gud n staff were lovely too. Some of us always have to go the long way round n I am one of those to, don't despair won't be long the call will come when you least expect it. xx

it feels so surreal .l keep thinking about my old doctor who had no sympathy at all and would not refer me to anyone despite me always being in there upset .she left and then i saw a new doc who referred me on our first meeting .some people just dont realise the overall effect of weight on mental and pyhisical wellbeing.i feel so optimistic about this op.feel sad as well cos i had a sister same weight probs as me who sadly passed away in april from breast cancer .we both applied for this then she became ill again as it had spread.i know shes happy for me and i know she will look after me on the day .bittersweet .

Does anyone know how you get transferred to North Tees from Sunderland. I've been waiting nearly 2 and half years and still nothing. I had balloon this year and am still waiting to hear if I can have a sleeve (balloon removed August - was told to have sleeve asap after balloon was removed). I am getting really p'd off now - SRH are not answering my emails and I can't get hold of the consultant's secretary. I can't get any information from them. I'm in pain with my arthritis, my bursitis is playing up, I am slowing putting on the weight I lost with the balloon, and my depression is getting worse.

Does anyone know how you get transferred to North Tees from Sunderland. I've been waiting nearly 2 and half years and still nothing. I had balloon this year and am still waiting to hear if I can have a sleeve (balloon removed August - was told to have sleeve asap after balloon was removed). I am getting really p'd off now - SRH are not answering my emails and I can't get hold of the consultant's secretary. I can't get any information from them. I'm in pain with my arthritis, my bursitis is playing up, I am slowing putting on the weight I lost with the balloon, and my depression is getting worse.
Hi I have tried to be transferred without sucess to James Cook. I am with SRH awaiting a sleeve. My doc advised I would go back to square 1 with the process (before funding approval), which was confirmed as I recieved a call from a weight management service despite achieving my weight loss target with Sunderland; so I stopped the process as I had not been cancelled with Sunderland. You could try contacting Sara the North Tees Bariatric nurse to see if she can offer any advice... sorry its not more positive! Best of luck x

So sorry to hear this novamay I can only agree with borogirl try and contact NT directly. Good luck Toby.

Hi I may be able to pop along also if thats OK. I am waiting for a surgery date so pre op. Would be nice to see people and talk about their experiences.

No, I know it seems I have waited forever! I had an endoscopy early Sept so I recon Feb at the latest now, and time is going fast in the lead up! I dont know whether I will get a sleeve or bypass as they found a hernia with the endoscopy.. so who knows. I will endeavor to come though, I need as much advise as possible and I know I will be inspired.

oh bless i had the bypass and feel brill best thing i ever done and as i explained to you before i have been on my journey 3 years gone sept had op end may this year and felt the time it took to get op made me focused hope this is a help and it will fly round for you good luck to you all x

Back