• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do I tell the truth?

mandym1

I have PCT approval and have my first appointment which is with an Endocronologist next week. I have to take a sample of urine and fill out a questionnaire.

I'm sure I should tell the truth on this as they will know I havent got to nearly 21 stone eating salads, but I just thought I would run it by you helpful lot.

I have tried lots of diets so that bit is easy but its the questions about my current eating habbits thats got me nervous. I dont eat healthily, I gave up a long time ago as I just cant do it on my own and end up putting on my lost weight and then some. My diet now reflects my mood. I eat when I'm depressed which I often am because of my weight, I eat takeaways a couple of times a week all, I find myself thinking about food a lot, It is difficult for me to feel full. They are just some of the tick boxes.

I'm scared they will just say oh well what do you expect and send me off on another diet. As you all know this is not an easy decision to go ahead with surgery and another diet is the last thing I need. I need drastic action and want them to see this is the only option for me now.

Can anyone offer any advice?

:wave_cry:

personally i believe telling the truth is the best policy so they can help you deal with your issues, if these underlying issues arnt tackled they could cause problems after the op, alot may not agree with me but this is only my personal opinion xxx

The reason we are all having surgery is because of our eating habits. They are not going to give surgery to someone who eats healthily and small portions? If you eat right and are still over weight then surgery is not going to help. Be honest, you have only said what every other person's eating habits are/ were like. It isn't anything they haven't heard before.

Hi Mandy

I couldn't agree more with what Gaynor, Liz and Soontobeslim has already said.

I know I go on about my surgeon but I remember what he said when we asked him about going under our current weights...and he said not to worry as he knows that without surgery we would all put it back on again...

What I'm saying is that they know what we eat and how we got where to the point we are now...and it's true, if we all put on weight by restricting food then there really would be no point in giving us surgery as it would be a waste of time.

Be honest, and don't worry about the psychological aspect...it's a perpetual vicious cycle....weight, depression, weight....

All the best...keep us informed of your progress.

(((hugs)))

Live within the boundaries of your conscience - which for me means nto telling lies. They also need to see why not how you are overweight and the fact that you are a yo-yo'er. This is their profession so they aare not goign to be alarmed at anything you tell them. Besides, it's actually quite cathartic to sit opposite a stranger and say 'yup - hands up and all that, I am a pig' (that's what I did - I didn't mean that you are).

Tell them the truth, but don't forget the feelings attached to the eating habits, the guilt etc - that part is really important.

Good luck!

Yes I know I need to tell the truth, I just needed some reassurance. Its the guilt I suppose and the shame that made me doubt it but this is a fresh start so its time to put my hands up to what Ive done to my body and say enough is enough. Thanks everyone xxx

i agree with everything the others have said and you described me to a t and i supose most people on here.wen i saw the phsycologist i was terrified of saying the wrong thing but i neenent have worried she was so nice . dont forget they are not there to judge you but to help you. good luck

Yes I know I need to tell the truth, I just needed some reassurance. Its the guilt I suppose and the shame that made me doubt it but this is a fresh start so its time to put my hands up to what Ive done to my body and say enough is enough. Thanks everyone xxx

I know what you mean...I get mini panic attacks when I imagine telling the truth about my diet...lol.

Good luck

(((hugs)))

Mandy they have heard it all before. Most of us here have the same story so don't worry about it, just be truthful.

Bonita
xx

you have to tell the truth they know all the patterns of eating its what they deal with day in day out i think it is also good for everyone to face up to there eating i found it quiet theraputic to finally be completly honest to myself and other aout what i was shoving in my mouth

Thanks everyone you have been a great help. I feel a lot less worried now. I love this forum!!
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Back