• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Should I Tell???

Silversurfer

Pandora - Due respect to you, go tell them and see what they say ! you will feel better after whatever the outcome.

Like yourself i was going to have a band and adamant about it, until i met my consultant and he practically talked me out of it, in hind sight the bypass was the better option for me and will work for me longer term better than a band would have, but its all about choices in the end !

Good luck and let us know what happens

hopelesscase

pandora jusr realised what you said about open surgery i think the majority of bypassers on here have had it done keyhole not open so check with yr surgeon what he does.
hc

charliegirl

I told close family and close friends. You need support but I dont think is any need for everyone to know if you dont want to tell them. My work mates know I have to reduce my portions in order to lose weight and I have help from the medical profession....they dont need to know anything further...good luck chick..xx

BREN

is going to loose!
Pandora thinking of you today. Remember you goals and go get them.

Bren
X

tendersage

Pandora i to have hypothyroidism and a few of us here do, you most definately would benefit from the bypass as it can help REDUCE your thyroid medication... it is a weight related illness. I had keyhole surgery for my bypass and many of us on here have done so. Best talk to your Dr/consultant about it.

I to have an unsuportive family everyone turns to me for support but rarely is it returned without me having to do the running/work.... i hope all has gone well with telling your parents i believe it to be the right choice parents are usually very perceptive where their children are concerned. Your brother is probably worried on a number of fronts and doesnt know ow to handle it.

Thankfully you have a very supportive partner :)

prinny

Hows things Pandora?................hope all's well and that your parents have shown a bit of understanding. I am new to this forum but would like to say if you ever need to offload to a complete non judging stranger feel free. Know just how you feel:)

Pandora_150

Finally Post-op!
Thanks for all the support from all of you. Sorry I couldn't get back sooner as I all hell has been breaking loose over my dissertataion!

I did sit them down on Saturday and broke it to them gently.

I started by telling them I was pregnant, it wasn't my partner of 5 years, I had fallen in love with someone else and was moving to Switzerland with them (don't ask me why Switzerland becuase I don't know)...

By the time they had stopped laughing I eventually told them what was going on, why I had chosen this route, and why I hadn't told them sooner.

They both looked really shocked, and my Mother had tears in her eyes (which she tried to hide from me). However, after the initial reaction of telling me how drastic this was, and how they were worried about how me never being able to eat 'properly' again they calmed down.

They asked all the questions I had prepared for, and even some that I hadn't and they made a point of saying how they would be there for me if I thought this was the best option.

Now I am through that I feel a lot better about what I am going to go through!

tesmaralda

i am glad you decided to tell the m as this would have been a major thing to try and keep a secret from them, plus on both the emotional and physical side you are going to need all the help and support of those people who are close to you in life. Now you can concentrate on uni,your op and planning for it and most important of all you will be able to talk about with people and eventually once you've had your op you can put 100% of youself into getting well and fit again not dealing with the fall out of not telling your parents.

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Glad it went well for you, and so pleased they are being supportive :)

LancsLass2

Pandora, I`m so pleased it went well with your parents, sometimes if u expect the worse it can only b better lol. I bet thats took some weight off your shoulders, lol

prinny

Awww lancs I was gonna say that but thought ner far to cheesy lol. You know what they say about great minds............