• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you know my surgeon?

Hi

I am due to have WLS at Homerton - yet to receive a date but I was told that my surgeon will be Mr Yashwant Koak. I have yet to meet him in person. I have read loads of great things about him online - Has anyone had him as a surgeon and what was your experience?

Hello :)

I don't have experience of Mr Koak but I typed Koak into the search bar and lots of results came up. Try that and you should get some info.

HTH x

I am under Dr Koak as well. I met him on 22nd May and he was lovely. He agreed with me that a gastric sleeve would be a good idea and I am currently waiting to hear from Homerton regarding the outcome of the MDT meeting! I'm so excited but rather impatient.

Hello guys I had a gastric bypass on the 24th April at Homerton my surgeon was Ms Kalpana Devalia and I've had no problems so far. I originally was under Mr Sanjay Aqwral so you don't always have the same surgeon doing your surgery as the one you first see it all depends what surgeon is on the day your surgery is booked. They are all great there though so don't worry and good luck x x x

I am under Dr Koak as well. I met him on 22nd May and he was lovely. He agreed with me that a gastric sleeve would be a good idea and I am currently waiting to hear from Homerton regarding the outcome of the MDT meeting! I'm so excited but rather impatient.
Thanks Mrsmccalla I am glad to hear from someone who has seen him when you are going through such a life changing experience it is settling to the nerves when you know more about the people in whose hands you will be. I look forward to meeting him. And Good Luck with the MDT !

Hello guys I had a gastric bypass on the 24th April at Homerton my surgeon was Ms Kalpana Devalia and I've had no problems so far. I originally was under Mr Sanjay Aqwral so you don't always have the same surgeon doing your surgery as the one you first see it all depends what surgeon is on the day your surgery is booked. They are all great there though so don't worry and good luck x x x
Congratulations on your Gastric Bypass! Dint realise that the surgeon can change so thanks for the heads up. How nice to know Homerton was a good experience for you

Hey I'm new to this. How long did you have to wait for the MDT result?

Back