• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

surgeon changed....Sunderland

Hi Chris,

I totally agree with what you are saying, I dont know if this helps but it depends on your PCT, mine is sunderland and I know funding has been confirmed by my GP anyway. Sometimes other places like south tyneside and durham take longer - unsure if this impacts on appointments? anyway lots of luck and keep is up dated!!! (as and when you can of course!)

This is all very helpful as I think it will be Mr Schroeder doing my bypass in August. I was originaly under Mr Small but when I rang to nag about a date (again! LOl) they put me onto Mr Schroder's secretary who gave me the date ( I sat utterly dazed and gob-smacked at the other end of the phone!)
I'll update once I've met him/had the surgery....just under 4 weeks to go!

Hi

Thanks Charis, and lots of luck with the surgery!!! how long have you waited for it? since referal and appointments

This is all very helpful as I think it will be Mr Schroeder doing my bypass in August. I was originaly under Mr Small but when I rang to nag about a date (again! LOl) they put me onto Mr Schroder's secretary who gave me the date ( I sat utterly dazed and gob-smacked at the other end of the phone!)
I'll update once I've met him/had the surgery....just under 4 weeks to go!

hi charis, does this mean your not having to wait the full 26 weeks like the rest of the bypass patients at Sunderland ?

HI Liz and Mrs SAFC.
I was referred by my GP last January. Had first proper appointment April 2009 (weight loss target set)...second appointment September 2009...(weight loss target met, then they decided I had to see a psychologist so refused to list me...BOY was I mad!)

In the meantime (while waiting to see Dr Wells) I had a gastroscopy )horrible experience! yuck)

FINALLY saw Dr Wells (psychologist) December 09....he gave me the thumbs up.......asked me if there was any more information I wanted.........I ASKED to attend a seminar (as I'd never been invited to one! .....don't know why maybe because I live so far away?)
Finally got waiting-listed for surgery early February 10
attended seminar April 10!....where I heard that the waiting list was now 26 weeks rather than the 18 I'd been promised in February.
My date for surgery is 10th August.
I don't think I've jumped any queues, just seem to have done things topsy-turvy!
I say nagged (about speaking to secretarys) because I haven't had a single appointment I haven't had to ring up and witter for!.........and because patience is NOT a quality I'm renowned for! :)

Hope that's helpful girls.
Charis xx

its been a long wait for you then charis, im glad things have been sorted for you and a date has been given, im currently on the 26 weeks waiting list awaiting my conversion which will be mid nov i cant wait for a date as well, good luck with your op i hope all goes well xxx

Just spotted this thread.
Mr Schroeder is Austrian, he said. He did my gastroscopy as part of my prep for bypass, although Mr Small did my bypass.

He was very friendly and professional and gave me lots of information.

hi Gill,

thats good a few people have said he is lovely. congrats on ya weightloss to date by the way x

My follow up appointment in August has been changed yet again ! Its now with Balapuri two days earlier than the last one i was given. All i need now is a fourth change to an appointment with the new surgeon and i've won the SRH bingo !!
Just out of interest Liz, what the fourth one called ?

My follow up appointment in August has been changed yet again ! Its now with Balapuri two days earlier than the last one i was given. All i need now is a fourth change to an appointment with the new surgeon and i've won the SRH bingo !!
Just out of interest Liz, what the fourth one called ?

:D i only know his as Kamal.

oooo i hope mr balupuri does mine :) he caught my eye he instantly made me feel calm and composed haha he has a voice like graham from jeremy kyle that instantly makes you feel calm xx

are Sunderland notoriously bad at getting in touch - I understand that they're getting more and more patients being referred - but I haven't even been able to make my first appointment yet as the computer said there were no appointments available - have they closed their books? I also don't know where I will stand with funding from the PCT (which is NorthTees/Hpool) or when/how that's even applied for...

Ring appointments and they take your name and ring you when the next one is free..... at least thats what they done for me....

Ta MrsSAFC - I looked on the internet again when i got home and there was an appointment date for me for the 8th Sept...

I phoned yesterday (Tues) and spoke to Mr Small's Sec.
Told her I was in my 18th week on the list and queried the date previously given, 17th Sept., was still going ahead? Checked her 3 diaries and said it was, but papers wouldn't be issued until August, holidays permitting! Make of that what you will!!!
The date in Sept by the way, is 3 days before the end of my 26th week on the list! (18 - 26 week list extension)
Regards - Paul

Hi Jayne,

My follow up 1st year appointment has been changed 4 times within 1 week by sunderland....guess I win the prize...lol

oooooo lets hope things settle down up there hey and runs bit more smoothly xx

My surgery date is 10th August (which makes it 16 days to surgery......)

......and I haven't even had my pre-op appointment sent yet! They sure do cut things fine!

Back