• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

surgeon changed....Sunderland

ooo charis will you ring to confirm its being sent! i would x

pre-op

ooo charis will you ring to confirm its being sent! i would x

yes Kelly I shall probably be ringing pestering yet again tomorrow...they sure will know my name by the time I arrive! :D

I did speak to the dietician the other day though and she was dead helpful......

to be absolutely honest I'm quite happy for the pre-op to be later rather than sooner, as I'd re-gained some weight and have been working VERY hard to lose it again pre-surgery......and I feel like I have something to prove in getting off a bit more than I had before, so the longer I have before pre-op weigh-in the better! :)

Mr Schroeder

Hi

I had my band fitted by Mr Schroeder on the 25th of June this year, he is lovely, very friendly and easy to talk to.
Apparently he's worked at Sunderland for a while as a surgeon and has loads of experience, it's only the bariatric service that he's quite new to as he wanted to move into that area as well.
My pre op was the week before my surgery and was nothing to worry about.
Hope everything goes well for you.
Lesley
x

Hi

I had my band fitted by Mr Schroeder on the 25th of June this year, he is lovely, very friendly and easy to talk to.
Apparently he's worked at Sunderland for a while as a surgeon and has loads of experience, it's only the bariatric service that he's quite new to as he wanted to move into that area as well.
My pre op was the week before my surgery and was nothing to worry about.
Hope everything goes well for you.
Lesley
x

Thanks Lesley, that's very reassuring. :)

How's it going for you?

Charis xx

Thanks Charis,
it's going really well. Didn't enjoy the liquid/puree stage but that was just for the first 2 weeks, cannot face soup or yogurt at all now. Am eating soft foods now: fish pie, bolognese, omelettes, curry, even a chicken dinner - all served on a teaplate so small portions. My appetite is back so could easily eat more but using will power to stop. I'm looking forward to getting my first fill.
I lost 8lb on the diabetic pre op diet and have lost 16lb since the op, have gone from size 26-28 to a 22 so am really pleased.
Are you going to the meeting on Thursday night?

Lesley
x

Hi Charis, it seems to be the order of the day at the moment regarding the problems at Sld admin. (See my recent posts)
I do not like to pester people at all, but there seems to be a bad lack of continuity at Sld Admin and certainly no sense of organisation. I really hope they can resolve matters soon, it is stressful enough without having added pressure all the while.
My date provisionally is 17th Sept, they told me papers would be sent out mid-August. We will see!!
Best of luck with your op, hope all goes well - Paul xx

TBH i have nothing but good experiences from SRH from the start of this referral and hope it continues! Its just a shame other haven't and I can see why it is so frustrating! I have made sure I have kept in contact with the bariatric nurse which has really helped me and keep my mind at ease! I hope it works out for everyone else there - and as soon as they do something im not happy with i would definately be letting them know!

Back