• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

surgeon changed....Sunderland

MrsSAFC

Anyone know about the consultant surgeon Mr Schroeder ? I was originally mr Balipuri and have since had a letter saying my Schroeder...... cant find anything about him
:confused:

hes our newest consultant dont worry, ive done a few seminars with him hes ok, you will fine x

i dont know where hes from, does it make a difference ?

I've got him for my second post op appointment in August. I'm not sure if i met him the day before my op, will be interesting to find out as i've had appointments with all the others !!

Mr Schroeder is very nice, he took my band out yesterday. He's German but speaks excellent English...you'll be absolutely fine with him.

Hi

Thanks Red42

Yes Justliz it does make a difference really, I want to research my surgeon as I want to make sure Im comfortable with them as you know its not an op to be taken lightly!

Hi thanks Red, I'll get to meet him soon enough I suppose, just trying to get his credentials before then x

Hi

Yes Justliz it does make a difference really, I want to research my surgeon as I want to make sure Im comfortable with them as you know its not an op to be taken lightly!

yep im fully aware its not to be taken lightly as im awaiting my 3rd try lol x

Anyone know about the consultant surgeon Mr Schroeder ? I was originally mr Balipuri and have since had a letter saying my Schroeder...... cant find anything about him
:confused:

Mr schroder did my seminar back last year and seemed very nice and very approachable, have they given you a date for your next appointment yet?:rolleyes:

I don't think Sunderland would have took him on if he wasn't good, they have to keep up their reputation I would imagine. Let us know how you get on in your research though if you can hun... it will be interesting to know about him xx

Hi cant find anything - Im not saying he isnt good at all, Im sure hes excellent, however (if only for my own peace of mind) I do want to know his background, how many ops he has done, if his rep is as good as mr Smalls and mr Balipuri, Mr Small and Mr Balipuri have profiles you can read which tells you this info and I was hoping to see one for mr Schroeder. However I will be able to ask him myself at my appointment. I have a date for 8th September Chris, it was a bit bizarre as i got an appointment letter saying my original appointment had been cancelled - yet I had not received my original appointment (if that makes sense) only this "new" appointment. What about you have you heard anything? xx

hi mrs safc. i got a letter yesterday and my consultant has changed to mr schroeder. tring to find out more about him. my op is in less than 3 weeks.

I saw Mr Small on 2 occasions before my band removal...my date was made for 2nd July and then I was told that I'd been put onto Mr Schroeders list...I didn't see him until the day I went in to have my surgery.
To be honest, he was very nice, I knew nothing about his credentials beforehand but as previously said, SRH wouldn't have taken him onto their team if he didn't have a good reputation as they are meant to be a centre of excellence in the bariatric field. I would have absolutely no worries about letting him do a bypass on me in the future....TBH, I liked him more than Mr Small :eek:.

I saw Mr Small on 2 occasions before my band removal...my date was made for 2nd July and then I was told that I'd been put onto Mr Schroeders list...I didn't see him until the day I went in to have my surgery.
To be honest, he was very nice, I knew nothing about his credentials beforehand but as previously said, SRH wouldn't have taken him onto their team if he didn't have a good reputation as they are meant to be a centre of excellence in the bariatric field. I would have absolutely no worries about letting him do a bypass on me in the future....TBH, I liked him more than Mr Small :eek:.

LOL Yvonne he caught ya eye did he lol ;)

Im pleased you were happy with him, I dont question how good he is or how nice he is, I just want to know a bit more......ah well, i get to meet him soon enough anyway i suppose :)

Interesting, my follow up appointment in August was meant to be with Mr Small but it was cancelled and i was given one with Schroeder on the same day but at an earlier time slot. He's obviously taking on more of Mr Smalls workload.

Interesting, my follow up appointment in August was meant to be with Mr Small but it was cancelled and i was given one with Schroeder on the same day but at an earlier time slot. He's obviously taking on more of Mr Smalls workload.

yeah they sharing the work load as to keep things running smoothly, we also now have a 4th surgeon as most of you know x

Hi cant find anything - Im not saying he isnt good at all, Im sure hes excellent, however (if only for my own peace of mind) I do want to know his background, how many ops he has done, if his rep is as good as mr Smalls and mr Balipuri, Mr Small and Mr Balipuri have profiles you can read which tells you this info and I was hoping to see one for mr Schroeder. However I will be able to ask him myself at my appointment. I have a date for 8th September Chris, it was a bit bizarre as i got an appointment letter saying my original appointment had been cancelled - yet I had not received my original appointment (if that makes sense) only this "new" appointment. What about you have you heard anything? xx

hi havent had a change of date yet still the 20th decemeber , seems everyone has had their second appointment brought forward but me, although i am told by the hospital that there is no queue junping - i dont believe them i know 3 people who had their seminars this year and have got their second appointments before i have . i dont mind waiting but i hate being left behind !!! am trying not to log on much as am becoming obssesed with tracking dates and seeing whos getting in before me - i have a very obsessive nature anyway but its getting that bad i cant concentrate on my work and all i am talking about at home!!! so good luck with your next appointment hope all goes well.

Back