• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does anyone else forget to eat and drink?

Dell

I know its bad, and I would chastise anyone else who was doing it, but take today for example, woke around 7.30am with the children, been busy ever since (booking flights and buying Take That tickets :D) and just realised I have had nothing all morning. :confused: Just had some toast with pate on and will have a milky coffee before I go out at about 2pm and then try and keep the fluids going. But I am just not hungry or thirsty ever really.

GAH!

I know its bad, and I would chastise anyone else who was doing it, but take today for example, woke around 7.30am with the children, been busy ever since (booking flights and buying Take That tickets :D) and just realised I have had nothing all morning. :confused: Just had some toast with pate on and will have a milky coffee before I go out at about 2pm and then try and keep the fluids going. But I am just not hungry or thirsty ever really.

GAH!

Same here

Me too - just don't get hungry or miss food ! But I've taken to carrying a small container of nuts & dried fruit around with me and I will snack on that if I realise I've missed a meal.

thats a good idea for later on, will remember that! I will carry a banana around with me when I am out and about more, my worst time is at home with the children, so busy!

Yes Dell it is very bad!!! lol -
-we're just about at the same stage and....
I'm also guilty BUT working on it:)

I have good days and bad - today is very bad, tbh I was like it BEFORE surgery, mostly over weekends when we were all busy - but then I could pack away a weeks calories in one evening sitting to make up for it:8855:

-it's quite a time consuming business...
sorting out some tiny heaps of protein on a little plate & then sitting down to eat it slowly & by the time you've remembered NOT to drink before & after like you say hours pass by without any food or drink but...
-We must & will do better:)

I still have days like that now and I'm 18 months out.

Im the same too, it just happens before Ive even realised it! I really need to try harder to eat something at decent intervals :D Need to get some protein down me! XX

I used to forget all the time for the first 6 months but now i feel genuine hunger, so dont do it any more xx

Yes! but I do seem to get very thirsty at the moment too. I'm even waking up in the night to drink!

yeah i still do it, some days are worse than others, which is probably why my weight loss has been so slow, luckily i didnt have loads to lose, otherwise i would have been gutted. i make a concerted effort every now and then, and manage to do it for a couple of days, but then, forget. lol

Me too! I could always forget to get the washing in, or forget to make a phone call or similar but NEVER forgot to eat!!! Now I do it all the time . . .

I have a water bottle sometimes too Lol!

Seriously I have the same problem - I have to remember to pack stuff in my bag for work each evening; as I would never remember in the mornings with getting up so early and rushing to get out.

I don`t know where my hungers disapeared too, before I thought I was hungry all the time, but now I never feel hungry and when I`m at home at the weekend its remembering when to eat as I go past mealtimes and notice when other half wants something.

Best wishes Kat x

hi kat, im not a bander, so i could be wrong, but from what ive read on here, a lot of banders dont feel hunger for a few weeks, i think its summat to do with the swelling post op. but then after a few weeks, they do feel hungry and struggle a bit, until they start to have fills done. now like i said, i could be wrong, and i think its great that your losing weight and not feeling hungry, it might be worth having a word with neen about it. i just dont want you to feel deflated if it happens, cos i know your really on a high at the moment, and i think its great hun. hope i havent upset you, cos that isnt my intention. i think your doing fantastic, and i hope it stays like that. big hugs xxxx

Aw thanks Dawny, I would`nt take offence of anything you have said. I do realise that for me its very early days and like a lot of people the weight comes off comparitivly easily to start with. And yes I am dreading the time when my hunger kicks in again; because I know that will be really hard to cope with. What happens then if I stop losing and get fed up with it all. But I know that the people on here are great with their support and someone will hopefully guide me in the right direction.

Anyway after all the years of putting up with blokes at work
joshing you get quite thick skinned when they are sarcastic or rude, so it would take an awful lot for someone to upset me on here.

Dawny - I think you`re really sweet hun so take care x

Love and hugs Kat x

Back