• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does the Dietician tell you off if you haven't lost much weight?

Stellap

At goal at last.....
I'm happy with my slow weight loss as I think it will help my skin go back ok but am worried what they will say at the hospital - if your weight loss isn't great do they moan at you?

Well, last time I had a check, I had lost 9 stone, but then I had the biggest lecture I've had on my journey about what I should be eating etc etc.

I was thinking "Hold on a minute, I've lost 9 stone in 4 months and you're lecturing me"

But then I suppose this is where the professional instead of personal service kicks in. I guess she only had my best interests at heart, it just didn't come across like that!

Looking at your graphs and statistics, your weight loss looks amazing!

Hi, well my total weight loss is pretty good but that's taking into account the 2.5 stone I lost on my own before the op. I've lost about 2 stone since my op on 4 December 09 which is less than a stone a month. I'm ok with a that as I'm going into normal sizes now but don't want a lecture on what I'm eating. My family have always thought I was big for the amount I ate (was never a binge eater) and that's carried on since the op. I have an almost non existent metabolism!

Hi i was worried when i went to see my dietician a couple of weeks ago, but she was really nice and just went through what i was eating and what i should be eating etc, but i guess it depends on your dietician cos not everyone is the same :D

Well, last time I had a check, I had lost 9 stone, but then I had the biggest lecture I've had on my journey about what I should be eating etc etc.

I was thinking "Hold on a minute, I've lost 9 stone in 4 months and you're lecturing me"

But then I suppose this is where the professional instead of personal service kicks in. I guess she only had my best interests at heart, it just didn't come across like that!
Wow please can you tell me how you lost 9stones in 4month that is amazing well done.Keep it up..

Wow please can you tell me how you lost 9stones in 4month that is amazing well done.Keep it up..

Sticking religeously to the advice given by my team regarding what not and what to eat/drink no matter what advice I've read elsewhere.

Exercised lots and lots!

So now it's over 12st in 8 months and still coming off nicely :D

Thank you so much Mixman please could you just go through one day with me on what kind of food you eat and when..As with me i just cant have breakfast and i feel hungry during the night but now i make my self have breakfast even if I'm sick after that.Thanks.xx

First things first, I'm not very good at eating. Meaning, I tend to find something I like and flood myself over a few days then get sick of it. But when I put my mind to it I can be very good.

I'll get up in a morning about 7:00 with the kids. Have a cup of coffee with which I'll take my multivits and minerals and other supplements I'm experimenting with.

I'll then wait the 30 minutes and then have a small bowl of cereal or a banana for my breakfast.

I'll then walk the kids to school with my fiancé, about 0.5 miles then walk my fiancé to college, 1.5 miles then walk back to her house. Get my bike out and go for a ride. Anywhere between 10 and 20 miles at a time now. 1-2 hours to do.

Try to meet my fiancé and go back to hers for a drink then wait 30 minutes for lunch. Lunch can be Swedish toast and paté (Like French toast), or cheese and crackers or a small salad.

Relax in the afternoon or go shopping. Get the kids from school and do tea. Now tea can be anything from a small jacket potato with cheese/beans (No skin), fishermans pie, piece of fish, spaghetti bolognese, lasagne. But about half a portion as you would buy for one regular person. Sometimes I'll have some stew and 1 dumpling or Yorkshire Pudding.

If I want to snack, I'll get a piece of fruit.

I'll also have a protein shake in the evening.

Now this is a big one for me and I think it's helped loads. Nothing! Yes, nothing I eat is above 10g per 100g of fat or sugar. I try to have it around 5g per 100g. So that means no sweets, biscuits, crisps, nothing like that. No bread! Not even toast made myself! No alcohol. Not touched a drop since 20th June last year. Sweeteners in tea/coffee.

Much the same happens when I am at my house apart from this is where I switch the exercise. I don't go out on the bike, I have sessions on the cross trainer and lift weights. Now I think this constant changing of exercise keeps my body guessing so it doesn't get into a rythmn. Doesn't get used to any one thing.

First things first, I'm not very good at eating. Meaning, I tend to find something I like and flood myself over a few days then get sick of it. But when I put my mind to it I can be very good.

I'll get up in a morning about 7:00 with the kids. Have a cup of coffee with which I'll take my multivits and minerals and other supplements I'm experimenting with.

I'll then wait the 30 minutes and then have a small bowl of cereal or a banana for my breakfast.

I'll then walk the kids to school with my fiancé, about 0.5 miles then walk my fiancé to college, 1.5 miles then walk back to her house. Get my bike out and go for a ride. Anywhere between 10 and 20 miles at a time now. 1-2 hours to do.

Try to meet my fiancé and go back to hers for a drink then wait 30 minutes for lunch. Lunch can be Swedish toast and paté (Like French toast), or cheese and crackers or a small salad.

Relax in the afternoon or go shopping. Get the kids from school and do tea. Now tea can be anything from a small jacket potato with cheese/beans (No skin), fishermans pie, piece of fish, spaghetti bolognese, lasagne. But about half a portion as you would buy for one regular person. Sometimes I'll have some stew and 1 dumpling or Yorkshire Pudding.

If I want to snack, I'll get a piece of fruit.

I'll also have a protein shake in the evening.

Now this is a big one for me and I think it's helped loads. Nothing! Yes, nothing I eat is above 10g per 100g of fat or sugar. I try to have it around 5g per 100g. So that means no sweets, biscuits, crisps, nothing like that. No bread! Not even toast made myself! No alcohol. Not touched a drop since 20th June last year. Sweeteners in tea/coffee.

Much the same happens when I am at my house apart from this is where I switch the exercise. I don't go out on the bike, I have sessions on the cross trainer and lift weights. Now I think this constant changing of exercise keeps my body guessing so it doesn't get into a rythmn. Doesn't get used to any one thing.
Thank you so much you have done so well..keep it up.best wishes..xx

Back