• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

dont know how I feel....

Minoots

At my last weight management, I was told that I had lost the recommended 5% (plus 10 lbs....) been monitored for a year etc etc and I was going to get a letter for the consultant visit.

Instead I got another letter to another dietician meeting,.

I called this morning and they say that I have to have 2 dietician meetings after the last physician appointment and besides they are not taking any appointments for consultants until end January 2012.

So I will go for my dietician one on the 22 November and see what happens.

My problem is that I am being so good about loosing weight.. continuing to loose little bits and wonder what will happen if in another 3 months time they decide that I can do it on my own?

I cant.. I have done this for over 50 years of my life. One diet after the other and then another setback and back heavier than what I was the first time.

So it would appear that I have just to be patient and see what the new year brings. Does not stop me feeling sad that there is no definate news though.

Obviously the dieticians have a huge amount of say and is there any advice as to what I should be telling them.. do I beg?.. do I cry?.. do I just bang my foot and insist? lol

im not from your area but i could not read and not write back.

im sorry to hear what has happened i hate when they say one thing but another is true. you build your hopes then they just dash them.......... you have come so far with losing all the weight you have. Do not let them see you put it back on stay strong and you will get where you want to be.

i'm sure that if you have a certain BMI then they cant actually refuse surgery but they can take them sweet time in doing it.

My BMI is high so they cant refuse me the surgery as its considered the only thing that will help, i know that with health problems because of obesity they also have a lower cut off BMI for this.

What does our local PCT follow, do they follow the NICE guidelines or there own ???.

xx

Don't panic, sweetie ... they take your weight at the time of referral no matter what it is in subsequent appointments. It is good for you to lose as much as you can as they take this as a sign of your commitment & is better for you when you do get your operation. Good luck on the 22nd xxx :)

Hey thanks both of you.. I was seriously considering eating and eating and getting back a crazy BMI and starting over. Is that what they want from a person?

But thanks to both of you for your answer. I will report back after meeting on 22nd.

Another thing is that I notice that so many guidelines are not happy about doing people over 50. I am 62. Anyone else out that at my age that has been done?

Back