• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Minoots' update

Minoots

Went for my dietician meeting (which should have been with the physician...) Now lost 20.3 kgs since being monitored. A total of 16% of body weight.. Well more than the 5% requirement!!!

I was told that I will be on the agenda at the next monthly management meeting... Hooray.. maybe things are moving.. at last !!

But having said that I am not going to get toooo excited until THAT letter arrives..

woohoo its all on its way! good luck :) xxx

Minoots said:
Went for my dietician meeting (which should have been with the physician...) Now lost 20.3 kgs since being monitored. A total of 16% of body weight.. Well more than the 5% requirement!!!

I was told that I will be on the agenda at the next monthly management meeting... Hooray.. maybe things are moving.. at last !!

But having said that I am not going to get toooo excited until THAT letter arrives..

Well done! :)

Next will be MDT approval, then you will meet the surgeon! :) Then if your funding ain't been applied for before, the surgeon will apply for it.

Well done fellow Heartlands buddy! :)

Well done Minoots, you've done so well so far.

Gee thanks everyone... I can now dare to think it might happen!!! Can't believe that something so special could be a reality soon and I can look forward to a fantastic 2012.....
You guys have been so supportive ... Thanks

Minoots said:
Gee thanks everyone... I can now dare to think it might happen!!! Can't believe that something so special could be a reality soon and I can look forward to a fantastic 2012.....
You guys have been so supportive ... Thanks

Hopefully you can come to the Xmas support group at Heartlands. 21st Dec. Gonna be a WLS christmas party where we being things to share and a little gift for the raffle :)

Yes please ... They told. Me snout the group today ... Can you let me have details - what cost for the pressie and what sorts of eats etc ..

Oh I understand... Gifts for the raffle ..... Cool

Minoots said:
Oh I understand... Gifts for the raffle ..... Cool

Yeah, just something little. Or unwanted gifts you may have. Eats are something for yourself if you are on a specific diet or things to share as some people are far post op and some are pre op. They said people on liquid and processed, bring something with them :)

Please can you give me all the details like times etc - I need to put it in the diary.. I hope that you are going Fluffs, it will be great to meet you.

Everytime that I look at your picture .. I see a beautiful model.. Stunning profile picture.

Minoots said:
Please can you give me all the details like times etc - I need to put it in the diary.. I hope that you are going Fluffs, it will be great to meet you.

Everytime that I look at your picture .. I see a beautiful model.. Stunning profile picture.

Aaww that's sweet and very nice of you :) I am signed as a model, but an alternative model lol

It's 21st Dec 6.30-8.30 next to Boots on the 1st floor of the 'Main Entrance' new build hospital (up the escalator, about the restaurant)

If you drive you get a ticket in the carpark and pay for it reduced price at the group. £2 I think xxx

I'll be going Minoots, and I think Ryanrara is too. I'll be 4 weeks post-op so just moving to puree foods, so I'll look out for suitable food that others will also like.

FuturePerfect said:
I'll be going Minoots, and I think Ryanrara is too. I'll be 4 weeks post-op so just moving to puree foods, so I'll look out for suitable food that others will also like.

I really look forward to seeing y'all again :D xxx

i am so damn excited.. lol. Looking forward to seeing you all. I will still be so so so pre op but hopefully with a bit more news... Fluff.. I know that you will have good news by then

Minoots said:
i am so damn excited.. lol. Looking forward to seeing you all. I will still be so so so pre op but hopefully with a bit more news... Fluff.. I know that you will have good news by then

You are not far behind me :)

And hopefully you are right! :D

Got a note from the dietician yesterday that said 'I've asked for you to be added to our next MDT meeting'. I called in and they said that the next one was on 8 December but it is unlikely that I will be on that one - rather on the one on the 12 January.

Actually I dont really mind.. I think that in my mind I have always marked the op for around March/April. I think that I will start getting aggitated if it goes past that time.
But the bottom line is that I am getting communucations from them and that means that they are not forgetting about me !

Really happy things are moving for you :)

After you get MDT approval you wait to see the surgeon then. Then the surgeon applies for your funding. The waiting list for RNY seems longer then the band one. Up to six months. And you dont get onto that list until your funding is confirmed. My appointment with the surgeon was 20th October and I am still waiting for funding confirmation. So I am thinking my op may be mid 2012.

Last edited:
Awwwww Fluffs you have just burst my bubble... hehe,

So what I have to do is change my mind set to have the operation by June which is 6 months after the MDT meeting? Oh hell. Maybe we are talking about 8 months which now means August 2012. This is getting worse.. I was in a happy bubble earlier now it has burst !!! boooooo hoooooo. xxx

Minoots said:
Awwwww Fluffs you have just burst my bubble... hehe,

So what I have to do is change my mind set to have the operation by June which is 6 months after the MDT meeting? Oh hell. Maybe we are talking about 8 months which now means August 2012. This is getting worse.. I was in a happy bubble earlier now it has burst !!! boooooo hoooooo. xxx

Aaww sorry chick (((hugs)))

It's just it's about a month after MDT approval you see the surgeon. They apply for funding 2 weeks after that. Then you wait for funding. The pct told me they are snowed under at the moment. Then once the pct let the hospital know you have funding, you then go on the waiting list. My MDT approval came through mid sept. I am still not on the list :(

Just wanted you to know, as you would be under South Birmingham PCT like me. And of course the same hospital.

Good thing is you can get offered an op date based on a cancellation. Then you can get in a lot faster :)

Back