• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Minoots' update

Also, l got a note from the dietician about the December Bariatric Support Group meeting on the 19th December at Hearlands from 6.30pm - 8.30pm - is this the same one that you were talking about Fluffs?
I will be there. Anyone else?

Minoots said:
Also, l got a note from the dietician about the December Bariatric Support Group meeting on the 19th December at Hearlands from 6.30pm - 8.30pm - is this the same one that you were talking about Fluffs?
I will be there. Anyone else?

The group told us it Wednesday 21st Dec 6.30pm-8.30pm :)

And I am 'Fuffs' lol. Keep seeing you put Fluffs lol xxx

oh hell messed up there sugar !! Sorry.. Fuffs it will be from now on. xx

oh hell messed up there sugar !! Sorry.. Fuffs it will be from now on. xx

lol...Its ok. Just thought I would say. A few people read it as Fluffs lol

just received the following :

'We discussed your case in our multidisciplinary team meeting and we think that we should proceed with bariatric surgery. I will refer you to the surgeons for further assessment.'

Hopefully this is just ANOTHER step closer to the new me !!!

Can the consultants still say no.?? Or at this stage does it mean it will def happen??

It means the team have decided you are suitable. So now you will meet the surgeon. The surgeon is the one who applies for funding. He can decide to delay things if he thinks you are not ready. But you have been deemed medically suitable and he would have been part of that team. So it is not likely. Just make sure in the appointment that your expectations sound realistic and tell him you are a member of this forum and going to the support group. He will be pleased with your weight loss progress :)

So happy you got MDT approval!! Congratulations xxx

Thanks Fuffs.... I just keep putting myself up for a fall !! Like I am not good enough for this to happen to me and when will someone pull the carpet on it. Not sure if you understand what I mean? But having said that, I am still trying to keep control over the weight as would hate to have put on even an ounce!! But as you all know this is the worst time of the year to do that....

All I wil now be doing is watching out for the letter from the consultant, but have to be realistic, with Xmas looming as well as New Year and the longish hospital list I dont want to disappoint myself.
Looking forward tot he group meeting and to meeting you as my first WLS friend !!!
Hope things are going well with you xxxx

I totally understand you worry about something going wrong. And about winter weight lol

Both are worries I have. My surgeon appointment came about a week after MDT approval. But yea, Xmas can delay things.

I am really looking forward to the 21st too :) Will be lovely to finally meet you xxx

I went to my first monthly meeting at Heartlands this evening. What a lovely group of people, I was made welcome straight away.

It was so nice to meet Cathi and Sophie. The two of you ROCK !! We had such a blast and just laughed and had a FANTASTIC time.

Thanks to both of you, I so appreciate it. xxxxx

Twas good to meet you you Minoots! Thanks for the trousers - will wear them tomorrow!!! See you at the next one - once we get through Xmas. xx

Heather: you are hilarious! My type of lady lol. It was a lot of fun :) xxx

Today I received my letter confirming my appointment with Mr Kumar on Monday 23rd..

Another step in the right direction. I am so excited I can't do anything but grin ... Hope that it all goes well, I still have nightmares that I will see the consultant and he will say 'no'....

Minoots said:
Today I received my letter confirming my appointment with Mr Kumar on Monday 23rd..

Another step in the right direction. I am so excited I can't do anything but grin ... Hope that it all goes well, I still have nightmares that I will see the consultant and he will say 'no'....

He won't say no :D

So happy for you :)

Bariatrics at Heartlands have just told me that I will probably be around June time :( feel a bit fed up! But it can't be helped lol

In just a couple of hours it is my appointment with Mr Kumar. Please please Mr Kumar be kind to me and tell me that you are happy to do the op....
I am so nervous, everyone keeps telling me that I am stressing for nothing, but I cant help it.
Fuffs, I wish that yours really comes through quickly now I know that you have had an awful long wait.
By Christmas we should be 2 slim chicks !! xxxxx

Minoots said:
In just a couple of hours it is my appointment with Mr Kumar. Please please Mr Kumar be kind to me and tell me that you are happy to do the op....
I am so nervous, everyone keeps telling me that I am stressing for nothing, but I cant help it.
Fuffs, I wish that yours really comes through quickly now I know that you have had an awful long wait.
By Christmas we should be 2 slim chicks !! xxxxx

I just said good luck to you in my diary, but WOOHOO!! Good luck again!!! All will be well :)

And thank you for your kind words too chick x

Just received confirmation of my funding from nhs this morning ... I can now cope with the waiting !!!

After my consultant visit, I was really down as I did not think that it went awfully well.
But I have had such awesome support from Sophie, Ryan, Agnes, Angela, Tracie, Cathi, Jill, Paul.... Both from the Walsall Support Group as well as the Heartlands group.

I also have to thank all that have answered any post that I have contributed to on this site... You are all great !!!

I am sure that there are others that I have ommitted to mention - not intentionally - but you will know who you are...

THANK YOU for the support that I have received as well as the support that I know I will still receive.

Last edited:
Excellent news on the funding confirmation Heather.

Back