• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Drinking 2 pints of fluid for an ultrasound scan

boots

Century Club
Has anyone had to drink in a short time a large amount of fluids and keep it in? It doesn't sound a lot, but over an hour I'm sure it's probably to much for my pouch?

I'm not pregnant by the way :) phew lol, just getting checked for polycystic ovaries :-(

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
As long as you don't gulp it should be fine.
The water should go straight through your pouch and head straight for your bladder where it needs to be.

Good luck

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
I had lots of scans when preggers and managed to drink enough no probs. Start a good hour before and just keep it in your hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

daftmoo

i had to drink 2 litres for a scan to see where my coil was, just empty your bladder 2 hrs before scan the keep drinking all the way up to the scan

Dell

as the others have said, dont gulp, you will be fine, have had a few of these since bypass for various things leading to hysterectomy and only once was it not quite full enough! Happy to say last time I was scanned briefly in the clinic room having drunk nothing but normal fluids as I didn't know my consultant was going to scan me and they did it and saw a clear picture cos I have lost so much weight YAY!!!!! That was a breakthrough moment for me having had to have vaginal scans for the last 20 years dueto my size!!!