• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Drinking 2 pints of fluid for an ultrasound scan

boots

Century Club
Has anyone had to drink in a short time a large amount of fluids and keep it in? It doesn't sound a lot, but over an hour I'm sure it's probably to much for my pouch?

I'm not pregnant by the way :) phew lol, just getting checked for polycystic ovaries :-(

As long as you don't gulp it should be fine.
The water should go straight through your pouch and head straight for your bladder where it needs to be.

Good luck

I had lots of scans when preggers and managed to drink enough no probs. Start a good hour before and just keep it in your hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

i had to drink 2 litres for a scan to see where my coil was, just empty your bladder 2 hrs before scan the keep drinking all the way up to the scan

as the others have said, dont gulp, you will be fine, have had a few of these since bypass for various things leading to hysterectomy and only once was it not quite full enough! Happy to say last time I was scanned briefly in the clinic room having drunk nothing but normal fluids as I didn't know my consultant was going to scan me and they did it and saw a clear picture cos I have lost so much weight YAY!!!!! That was a breakthrough moment for me having had to have vaginal scans for the last 20 years dueto my size!!!

Back